Chimney & Fireplaces/Superior DT-500 CMN Switch Problem

QUESTION: Hello ~ recently I noticed the wall switch to turn the fireplace on was no longer working properly. It is a Leviton Decora type switch, not a toggle. I would have to physically hold the switch down to keep the fireplace lit. I purchased a new switch and swapped it out but now the fireplace will not light at all. I tried putting the old switch back and it still won't work. Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello Jesse, I would refer to the owners manual I looked on my end and did not find it) maybe a google search, local wood stove store or some one that installs these types of units, also are you sure the switch has power to it (electrician) and I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Base unit
Base unit  

wall switch
wall switch  
QUESTION: Thanks for the feedback James. The switch is not what I would consider a standard "powered switch" but a simple inline on/off. I am attaching two photos that shows the brown wire goes directly from the wall switch right to the fireplace controls. So theoretically, if I jumped the two connectors at the base unit, the fireplace would stay on all of the time correct? Working with electricity is not my strong point and I certainly don't won't do damage the fireplace in any way. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I call out a professional. Thanks!

Welcome back Jesse, maybe out is time to get an electrician to check the power supply and some one that works on these type of units  to look at it, do not "jump the wires" also do you have the owners manual? that might offer some trouble shooting.

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified