Chimney & Fireplaces/Temco woodburning fireplace chimney pipe

Question
Temco is no longer available - however, I have a Temco needing a 4ft chimney and cap .  Can I get pipe made or will another brand fit?

Answer
Hello Holly, these types of fireplace/chimneys have a 25-30 life expectancy and  lot that where made are now out of business, so parts are hard to come by if not impossible (I deal with it almost daily) a replacement cap might be do able in most cases I would use a Weathershield (air or solid pack) SS cap  but the pipe you can not alter or use another as all of these systems require you to use their pipe, , log grate, fire stops, supports every thing theirs. as that is what it was tested with to UL listing and fire safety, so what are your options, cap is easy but that pipe, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help or you local wood stove store.
Hope this helps
James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball