Chimney & Fireplaces/Water dripping on top of firebox

Question
I just had a manufactured wood burning fireplace installed on December 30th. We used the fireplace briefly that evening and the next day we heard water dripping down the pipes on to the top of the firebox. I went up in the attic to find a puddle of water gathered in the fireplace stop above the ceiling. Cleaned that and thought the problem was fixed. Called the contractor and he said it was condensation forming in between the pipes and there is no solution for that. I live where the temps are below zero daily through winter. I wanna to know is there a solution to this or if the storm collar was installed incorrectly. We do not have the fireplace stone around the frame yet and can easily access the framing around the fireplace to clean the water and it got all over the dry wall and floor when dripping down. It happened again today and dripped all day long.

Answer
Hello Chris, that much "dripping" is not normal, is it related to rain/snow? next time it happens try to go and look at the under side of the top of that chimney where the pipe goes out, is the water dripping in-between the pipe and top of the chimney then it might not have a proper Chase Pan cover and Storm Collar, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help. Keep me posted
Hope this helps
James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball