Chimney & Fireplaces/Mantle heat deflector/shield

Question
We have an Appalachian model 52 wood burning fireplace insert/stove. We remodeled and now have a TV over the fireplace. We want to find a heat shield to attach to the fireplace insert surround to deflect heat away from the mantle and out into the room. Can you recommend where we can purchase this type of shield. I can't seem to find one on the Internet. We can't use the type that attaches underneath the mantle due to trim work. Thanks.

Answer
Hello Denise, all stoves come with an owners manual that has the "Clearance to combustible diagram" (also on the back of must units), that must be followed so the "trim work" might be to close and could cause a fire, as those clearance have to be maintained for safety reason, no one makes that type of shield, I am not a big fan of TV's over fireplaces due to the heat and clearance issues of wires runic the walls, you  might have to have some thing custom made, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps
James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball