Chimney & Fireplaces/preway stovepipe


My dad put in a wood stove and now he is deceased I need a new hood for the stove pipe it has a preway pipe that is 13&1/2 inches across and a 8 inch pipe inside where do I get a new cap for it?

Randy, sorry for your loss, you would need the make and model of the fireplace and pipe in order to see if that cap is even still available, if not you might "get away" with an after market type but tit would not make using the system safe and it should all be replaced. I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James Ball


I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more


over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified

©2017 All rights reserved.