Chimney & Fireplaces/wood insert

I have a Martin ac36 prefabbed fireplace and I would like to put an insert in it. Is this possible and if so which kind do you recommend? Thank You very much. Have a nice day.

Hello Carla, the owners manual may give you that info along with the insert you want to use (if they can be used with each other) if not then I would say do not do it, the fireplace was (in most cases) not tested for use with an insert thus making it a fire hazard, I know many people "do this with out issue" 99 out of 100, but do you really want to take that chance. I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified