Chimney & Fireplaces/elco fireplace blower

Hi all, I have read the responses about Elco being out of business. We are in a rental with a landlord who is kind but does not fix anything. The blower worked last night but stopped today. It is our only sorce of heat here in seattle. I'm hoping we are cleaver enough to maybe fix it with your direction.  Also...Where is the ideal setting on the summer switch? I am grateful for your time and wisdom.

Hello Lisa, I m not sure what you would need, maybe it is in the switch? maybe the fan it self, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified