Chimney & Fireplaces/Martin Flue and Fireplace Replacement

Question
I have a Martin BC3640 fireplace with Martin Chimney pipe identified by model T81, T82, T83, T84.  I'm trying to remove the fireplace and chimney pipe without using a cutting wheel but it looks like all the sections of chimney pipe (48") are spot welded together.  Any ideas?  Also, I had the pipe cleaned an inspected and it's in very good shape, the fireplace has not been used much.  We're replacing it with a wood burning stove so can I reuse the pipe starting about 4' above the stove.  I would prefer to connect the black stove pipe to the existing Martin pipe.  Is this acceptable?

Answer
Hello Allen, never heard of a pipe like that welded together, if so then you would have to cut it out, did you try un twisting it? Also unless that pipe is reared for a wood stove you can not use it for a wood stove, A wood stove would require a "Tee" at the bottom, all "Black pipe" needs 18" to combustibles, check with your local building department or I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps
James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball