Chimney & Fireplaces/smoking wood insert

Question
I just lit my wood insert for the first time this year, the other day and it is smoking so badly that I cannot open the insert door or the room fills with smoke. I put newspaper in, light it... looks fine, burns well for 20 seconds and then the smoke starts. Closing the door it doesn't take long for the flame to die out and the smoke sits inside, swirling slowly. I had a proper liner put in by a certified fellow. Could it be that the damper has slipped shut? There is no way to fix that. Or is it just cold inside? The smoke also seems to slip out the bottom and anywhere it can when the door is shut tight.I put a lit match inside and held it... the flame stayed straight so there doesn't seem to be a down draft. I've had the insert for 10 years and have never had this happen before...

Answer
Hello, Kathryn, might be you need to open a door or wind in that room to give it "Make up air", maybe the controls are not in the proper place, or damaged, go over every thing in the owners manual and have the liner re checked, might be a good place to start. keep me posted
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball