Chimney & Fireplaces/Need a vent-pipe solution...

I have a Heatilator (GNDC-30) fireplace. I'm looking for (Direct Vent) pipe and a termination cap but I'm having difficultly finding any (the local Heatilator rep was less than helpful). Is there any after market products or adapters out there that could help me?

Hello Micheal, I looked on the National Chimney sweep guild web site (over 400 owners manuals) and could not find that unit listed, so I do not know if there are parts available for that unit, you can not use after market parts as that unit is a "Listed system" and my not operate the same and cause a fire. Some sweeps might do it but they would be doing you a dis service, only thing you are left with is ripping out that entire system and installing a new one (I know that sounds ludicrous) but with out the right parts do you really want to take a chance with your home and family?

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified