Chimney & Fireplaces/Need a vent-pipe solution...

Question
I have a Heatilator (GNDC-30) fireplace. I'm looking for (Direct Vent) pipe and a termination cap but I'm having difficultly finding any (the local Heatilator rep was less than helpful). Is there any after market products or adapters out there that could help me?

Thanks,

Answer
Hello Micheal, I looked on the National Chimney sweep guild web site (over 400 owners manuals) and could not find that unit listed, so I do not know if there are parts available for that unit, you can not use after market parts as that unit is a "Listed system" and my not operate the same and cause a fire. Some sweeps might do it but they would be doing you a dis service, only thing you are left with is ripping out that entire system and installing a new one (I know that sounds ludicrous) but with out the right parts do you really want to take a chance with your home and family?
sorry
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball