Chimney & Fireplaces/refractory panels


My house was build in 1983 and needs new refractory panels for a Temco wood burning zero clearance fireplace Model #36-2(I think, the label plate is very worn).  Do you know where to buy the panels or at least the dimension of all 4 panels.

Hello Andy, you would have to find a supplier of those panels, (very hard to find) then remove clips on top of the panels , remove each (some times sides 1st, then rear, then bottom) then replace each as you go in reverse order, if you can not find then they do make a Generic refractory panels (google it) that can be cut very easily with a hand saw to size, or you could have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James Ball


I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more


over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified

©2017 All rights reserved.