Chimney & Fireplaces/wood burning stove insert

We have a wood burning stove insert made by Superior. Is it possible to convert a stove insert to a direct vent gas without replacing the entire unit. We want thee efficiency and convenience of gas and we would also like to direct some of the heat to a lower level.

Hello Michael, I am not sure, you would have to check with the Direct Vent maker and the insert owners manual, the issue might be getting the direct vent out through the piping of the insert, if you have an insert, as Superior made Pre Fab Fireplaces and I do not think it will go, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified