Chimney & Fireplaces/wood burning stove insert

Question
We have a wood burning stove insert made by Superior. Is it possible to convert a stove insert to a direct vent gas without replacing the entire unit. We want thee efficiency and convenience of gas and we would also like to direct some of the heat to a lower level.

Answer
Hello Michael, I am not sure, you would have to check with the Direct Vent maker and the insert owners manual, the issue might be getting the direct vent out through the piping of the insert, if you have an insert, as Superior made Pre Fab Fireplaces and I do not think it will go, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps
James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball