Chimney & Fireplaces/Unused chimney

Hello. We have a chimney/flue in our kitchen that was used for a wood cookstove. The cookstove has been removed. The chimney is on the backside of the house, where we plan to add a screened in porch. I was wondering if we could use this somehow to our advantage to have a fireplace on/in the screened in porch. What all would be involved to do this? Rough cost?
Thank you.

Hello Melanie, 1st it might be easier to install a Wood Stove and reline the flue, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified