Chimney & Fireplaces/marco ZC problems

prefab insert
prefab insert  

I recently bought a house with a Marco DF36-B zero clearance built in fireplace. Home was built in 1978. I know very little about fireplaces having never owned one but I'm fairly sure it has not been well maintained and has been modified with a new gas log system. I was wondering if you could help me determine how this thing works or if it's been modified? Maybe an owners manual would help?

Hello Steve, I was not able to find the exact owners manual but did find one that might be close to give you some basic operational guidance, if you send me your Email I can send you the manual
as far as the gas logs go you might have to loo on the net your self, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified