Chimney & Fireplaces/2 wood stoves in new 2 flue Masonary CHIMNEY

I am building a house in northern MN. I would like to have a main 1st. floor wood stove at the chimney base and a second foor wood stove feed to the same chimney into a second flew. Is this possible? If so any information or Expertise?
Thanks Terry!

Hello Terry, 1st you may need Make Up Air (google it) second even if the flues are brand new I would have them looked at by a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help to be sure the masonry flues are sized right and with out issues. Also check with your local building department for install and permit requirements.
Hope this helped

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified