Chimney & Fireplaces/Old style heatolator fireplaces

Question
It is hard to find someone that sells the old style heatolator / zero clearance fireplaces.  The ones that have vents on the side to circulate cold air around the firebox and discharge it on top.  Even the company Heatilator doesn't sell them.  Is there a reason why they are no longer popular and why many manufacturers do not sell them any more?    Thank you

Answer
Hello John, if they are sold I would say a Stone yard (that sells cement , stone, and masonry supplies) I have not seen a new one ever and some of the issues I have seen are Rusted out, Warping and movement (as they heat up the expand and  move) sot there is always a gap around the opening where it meets the stone.
Not sure if they make them any more,  I would recommend against it if they did.
Do a regular fireplace and install an Insert.
Hope this helped
James

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball