Chimney & Fireplaces/Firebox

We would like to replace the walls of our firebox (one is cracked) with real brick. What materials are best for this job?

Hello Elisabeth, 1st lets start with it sounds like you have a PreFab fireplace, if so there will be a Tag up inside or behind the screen some where, that will tell you who made and then you can look for Original Replacement Panels, you can not mix and match them or use real firebrick.
I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball

I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified