Chimney & Fireplaces/Firebox

Question
We would like to replace the walls of our firebox (one is cracked) with real brick. What materials are best for this job?

Answer
Hello Elisabeth, 1st lets start with it sounds like you have a PreFab fireplace, if so there will be a Tag up inside or behind the screen some where, that will tell you who made and then you can look for Original Replacement Panels, you can not mix and match them or use real firebrick.
I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep www.csia.org, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps
James  

Chimney & Fireplaces

James Ball