Chimney & Fireplaces/True Heat Fireplace


flue cap
flue cap  
I have a Trueheat Fireplace, TH-36-RA. I need to replace the chase top/cover and Flue cap. Can I use generic parts for replacement?

Hello Brian, I am not familiar  with that system, but that looks like the Pipe is used not the cap, you must use OEM parts, the Chase Cover can be made by anyone, I would replace the chase cover with a taller Neck about 3-4" (the part that rises up off the top of the chase around the pipe) coming up over that rusted spot and then add a storm collar, I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up by zip code to find one near you) take a first hand look at what you have, they should be able to help.
Hope this helps

Chimney & Fireplaces

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James Ball


I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more


over 22 years

Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild

CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified

©2017 All rights reserved.