China & Hong Kong/Chinese hand painted vase

Question
Vase
Vase  

Red marking
Red marking  
Hi Andrew!

I found this vase at a thrift store for $5. Was wondering if you could tell me anything you know about. Mainly, if I should have it appraised. Thank you for your time, and knowledge!I have more photos if needed.

Answer
Hi Katie,

Although I do appreciate your question, I think you need to seek out someone with experience specifically with Chinese antiques.  I know that the mark on the bottom is a kind of "artist's mark", and probably the characters included in this mark are very old style traditional Chinese characters (something almost like hieroglyphics).

But, you would need an expert to tell you what exactly those characters say, and if this is actually made in China, and how old it is.  

Thanks!

China & Hong Kong

Andrew Reich