China & Hong Kong/VPN

Question
Hi, I am going to China and will like to use my internet. Do I need to purchase a VPN? I don't know anything about this. What shall I get and how can I do it?

Answer
Hi There,

General internet is OK in China, but some sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and many others that are common in the USA are blocked.  

So yes, if you want to use those sites you need a VPN.  

I suggest you use Astrill.  Just search "Astrill VPN" in google and you will find it.  It's about 65 USD for the year.  There are instructions on their site how to download and use it.  You can also put it on your phone.  

When you want to visit those blocked sites you turn on the VPN and it should work normally.

Good luck!

Andrew

China & Hong Kong

Andrew Reich