Chinese/Antique Chinese wood printing block

printing block 2
printing block 2  
printing block
printing block  
QUESTION: Good Morning,
I have acquired a collection of what I was told are antique Chinese printing blocks. I have tried to research them online, but am not finding much information. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to take a look at these and see if you can read anything that is one them. I think that would possibly point me in the right direction. I was told these were used for the printing of books. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I am sending along a picture of one of the blocks. They are made from wood and this one measures 14 1/2" x 9 1/2". Thank you so much for your time. Sue Kemppainen

Chinese Printing Mold
Chinese Printing Mold  
ANSWER: Good morning, Sue,

Our apologies for the lateness in replying your question.  We have lost a senior staff recently.

Having looked at the images that you posted, we believe they are Chinese printing molds (or, printing plates).  Regrettably, we do not know when these molds were crafted.

For your easy reference, we have included a hyperlink on the subject matter:

We hope you'll find the above information helpful.  Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

With kind regards,

QUESTION: Thank you so much for the information. Do you have any guess at all at to what they might be? I am looking for a direction to follow so that I can continue my research. Sue Kemppainen

Printing Block
Printing Block  
Hello, Sue,

Thank you for your follow-up question.

May I suggest that you visit Google - Ancient Chinese Printing Blocks where you should be able to find an answer matching your need.

I've just taken a look at that web page.  I attach a pic of a printing that looks similar to the ones you possess.

Meanwhile, good luck with your search.

Sir William

>>>On-Line Translation Services<<< I received formal Western education and I am a hotel veteran. I can help you with (English>Chinese; Chinese>English) translations in accordance with the policies and guidelines published by AllExperts from time to time. >>>Other Ad hoc Translation Services<<< Please submit your request as a question.

Please visit the rating pages published by AllExpert.

Sir William & Associates