Chinese Cuisine/"Gold fingers"

Joanna wrote at 2010-10-29 04:31:52
I read in a couple different places that it could be something cut in a stick style and fried, like a chicken tender or veggie battered in flour or tempura.

Marie wrote at 2010-12-20 07:22:35
Chinese chicken goldfingers are popular in the New England states.  They are strips of battered chicken and deep fried. What makes them unique is the flavor of the batter.  I've lived in Canada and in Oklahoma and I've not seen them anywhere but the northeast.

DasKirch wrote at 2011-01-05 22:29:16
A Chinese Restaurant in my neighborhood has these on their menu too, they're an appetizer and they're also on the kid's menu. I don't think they're chicken feet.

Dee wrote at 2011-04-29 16:47:56
They are NOT chicken feet!!!

They're basically like tempura chicken. Some restaurants refer to them as Golden Fingers or chicken fingers.  

Kestrel wrote at 2013-02-09 22:12:04
Chicken feet?????

They aren't chicken tenders, strips or wings, either.

They are chicken chunks (large like 2") dredged in a flour, cornstarch, baking soda and vinegar batter and deep fried. They are delicious! Also, they don't use that apricot jelly crap that the rest of the country eats (EW!!!) but a mix of molasses, plum sauce, vinegar, sugar and applesauce.

Here in NC, we have great fried chicken and hush puppies but they taste NOTHING like these. Deep fried doesn't mean taste alike.

Chinese Cuisine

Louis M. Wu

my greatest accomplishments was I finally learn how to cook this dish call Shrimp with lobster sauce it took me about year to get to where I'am at today!!!!