Chiropractors/broken Rib surgery

CL wrote at 2014-02-23 17:38:24
For anyone's information, Orthopaedic surgeons do not treat rib fractures. This is the purview of the Thoracic or Trauma Surgeon. Orthopaedist won't help

Dr. J. Shawn Leatherman

I can answer questions on general chiropractic care, sports injury, whiplash and auto crash, mild traumatic brain injury, structural and functional rehabilitation of the spine, nutrition for inflammation and repair, fitness training, nutrition for sports performance and other general health and nutrition related inquiries. I currently lecture on automobile trauma, occupant kinematics, and forensic risk analysis to local EMS, Fire and Police, as well as nutrition and sports injury to community groups. Rest assured all answers are generated from my clinical experience, and scientific research.

I have accumulated over 1100 hours of post-doctoral training to include; Certifications in Spinal Trauma and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego, Certification in Chiropractic Spinal Trauma from the International Chiropractic Association, Certification in Low Speed Auto Crash Reconstruction and Certification in Forensic Risk Analysis from The Center for Research Into Automotive Safety and Health, Certified Proficiency in spinal and extremity diagnostic procedures from The Motion Palpation Institute, Certified in Sports Injury and Rehabilitation from the National University of Health Sciences and The American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, Nationally Certified Fellow of Structural Rehabilitation from The Chiropractic Biophysics Organization, and I have advanced training in manipulation under anesthesia and nutrition. Feel free to check out my website for course listings:

International Chiropractic Association, Florida Chiropractic Association, American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, American Academy of Pain Management, Chiropractic Biophysics, Spine Research Institute of San Diego, Center for Research Into Automotive Safety and Health, Motion Palpation Organization, American Academy of Manual and Physical Medicine, Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce

B.A. (Psychology)The University of Cincinnati B.S. (Human Biology)Cleveland Chiropractic College D.C. (Doctor of Chiropractic) Cleveland Chiropractic College C.C.S.T. (Certification in Chiropractic Spinal Trauma)The International Chiropractic Association C.C.S.P. (Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician)The American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. *CCST and CCSP 120 hour certification courses are not recognized by the Florida Chiropractic Board due to the fact that they are not 300 hour diplomate level courses*