Chiropractors/Locked hip

deloclem wrote at 2013-01-19 05:35:07
I had this!  It was excruciatingly painful!  I have always had a problem with my lower back, even as a young woman.  It flared up occasionally, but not so bad that I couldn't live with it.  The pain became chronic 7 years ago when I fell in the bathtub and broke my foot and tore both rotator cuffs in my shoulders.  Then, 16 months ago I moved my Nordic Track into the hall so I could use it.  I forgot it was there the first night and fell when walking down the hall in the dark.  My upper thigh landed on the flywheel and hurt so bad I had to lay in the floor until the pain subsided and I was able to get up.  That is when my lower back began getting worse.  I couldn't turn over in bed, couldn't lay on my back, or lift my legs and it was very difficult just getting out of bed in the morning and walking to the bathroom.  I had the groin pain too.  I could barely walk, had to split up my shopping into at least two trips to the store.  When I tried to stand from a sitting position, my entire lower back would lock and the pain was unbearable.  After a year of this with no improvement, I went to a chiropractor.  I could hardly get in and out of the car at this point.  He had me lay on my side and he pushed my hip forward.  It hurt but was not as bad as the pain I had experienced for a year.  That was four months ago and I have been pain free for at least three of those four months.  Medical doctors, orthopedics, physical therapists can't fix this condition.  I went to all of them before going to the chiropractor.  All they offered was nsaid drugs for the pain that cause my body to retain water and raised my blood pressure.  I asked the chiropractor if the fall on the NT flywheel caused this and he said it could have and that was probably when it happened, because that was when it started getting worse.  I can walk over a mile around my neighborhood now and do it almost every day, which isn't to shabby for a 60+ year old.

ilovedahorse wrote at 2013-06-24 18:31:01
I have locked hip and had no problem at all knowing what was meant by it. It was an osteopath that first used that term for me. He recommended physical therapy for it. It went great. My hip "unlocked" and I was able to walk and get up without pain again. Now, crazy thing is, I've got it on the other hip. This time, I'm going straight to the chiropractor for it.

When I have a locked hip, it is extremely painful to try to straighten my hip out when getting up and also when trying to sit back down again. The way I think about it is it is like your hip stays in the sitting position or bent when you go to stand up instead of straightening up like it should when you're standing up.

Keith E. Biggs, DC

I can answer questions regarding chiropractic care and diagnosis, exercise rehabilitation, spine therapy, disc injuries, back pain, neck pain, headaches, sports injuries, car accident injuries, physical therapeutics, acupuncture, homeopathy, clinical nutrition, decompression traction, acupressure, acugraphing, orthotics, arch supports, carpal tunnel, sciatica, degenerative joint disease, arthritis, weight loss, etc.

I have been in private practice for more than 20 years in Mesa, AZ. In my practice I have seen thousands of patients with many different conditions. Every patient is unique and requires individualized attention and care. I pride myself in attentive and appropriate care for every individual that comes to my office

Arizona Chiropractic Society

Doctor of Chiropractic, Cum Laude,Logan College of Chiropractic, 1987. Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic. Licensed to practice Chiropractic in Arizona. Certification in Acupuncture. Certification in Physiotherapy and Traction.

I have treated thousands of people in my private practice during the past 21 years, and in the process, I have learned so much. Practice guidelines and patient privacy laws prohibit the naming of past patients.