Chiropractors/Near-syncope after cervical traction

Heather Dawson, NP-C wrote at 2015-01-21 22:56:00
I agree with Dr. Biggs and would like to add another possibility.

It is possible that the cervical traction caused a vasovagal response.  Vasovagal response is the most common cause of syncope.  The vagus nerve exits the medulla oblongata extends through the jugular foramen and passes into the carotid sheath between the internal carotid artery and internal jugular vein.  I believe the traction caused stretching of carotid sheath triggering a vasovagal response.  Given the fact that you are young and female, this is likely.

Chiropractors

Keith E. Biggs, DC