Chiropractors/How to stay aligned after chiropractor?

I play the violin many hours a day, and I do Pilates and stretching and strength building exercises specifically for playing the violin.

I am currently seeing a chiropractor every three weeks but I find that one of my usual pains is back within a week after a visit, and the rest of the recurring problems are back by the next time.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to keep in alignment for longer after I see him? Almost every time I feel out of whack it is after I have been asleep for a long time - I try sleeping on my back with a rolled up towel under my neck (also my bed is on blocks at one end to help with some acid reflux problems) but I always wake up on my side.

Also, are these recurring problems something that will be corrected over time by going back to the chiropractor?

Thank you! - SJ

First and foremost I want to commend you for being on a wellness or maintenance program. I would tell my chiropractor what is happening and directly ask him if stepping up to 2-3 times per week for 2-3 weeks and then returning to once evey three weeks would help your problem.

Obviously I am saying this to you because as a chiropractor I always want feedback from my your DC may not know you are having these flare ups if you dont let him know!!!!

Dr John Quackenbush  

John Quackenbush DC

Chronic pain syndromes such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dizziness,Carpal Tunnel Syndromes,Headaches, Migraines,Chronic Low back pain,Chronic neck pain, Peripheral Neuropathy,Detoxification, EWOT exercise with Oxygen and Brain Based Therapy.

I have 28 years of clinical experience.

BS human Biology DC Doctorate of Chiropractic 1981 Logan University Diplomate National Board of Chiropractic