Chiropractors/Am I moving in the right direction?

Question
I will try to be brief but I am in need of a little direction.

I have scoliosis and have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia(several years ago, not sure that I can grasp that diagnosis.)
Off and on I have had problems with my left shoulder/neck area.  My left shoulder is my "high" shoulder.
Last year I had an x-ray done, it came back negative.  I have also had several mammograms done on that breast as they thought they saw some thicker areas, they determined it "normal" for me.
The pain seems to be much worse in the cold winter months.  This year it started up again but is worse, I am having numbness or a tingling odd sensation to touch under my arm and over my chest area as well.  
I am currently seeing a chiropractor who also does massage that focuses on the sore spots. (and there are MANY) I can't remember if she called it anything but she feels she will be able to help me.
I have some improvement but even with 800 mg of ibuprofen I am still having pain.
My insurance won't pay for an MRI until I meet my deductible and I am afraid if I go to a different type of Dr. they are going to insist on and MRI and that is something I just can't afford.
I have been to the chiropractor two times and am scheduled to go back Monday.  Do you think I should keep going?  How long does it usually take to totally resolve?  Is there something else I should be doing?  What is the chance there is something serious going on here?

I am 34/F.

Answer
Miss Paula,
Scoliosis aka Abnormal Spinal Curvature is Serious, it will always alter blood and nerve flow to glands, organs and tissues.
Over time, this will manifest itself into other malfunctions in the body.
Fibromyalgia is a nervous system disorder, where you have the sensory portion of the nervous system working in a stimulated state.
Theses are problems that likely have been there for some time and they will take time to correct accordingly.
Give your Chiropractor a chance to help you, 2 visits cannot completely correct years of damage can it?

Lastly, there are different types of Chiropractors and some patients require specialists in the field.
Did your chiropractor take xrays of your entire spine?
Does she explain to you what is going on and why and how long the problems have been there and how long she expects it to take to correct it?

We do extensive tests in our office so that we know that we know that we know.  We then explain our findings and design a careplan specifically for you in helping you to get well. But it takes time to do it the right way and allow your body to heal.  

All the best,

Dr Robert Arnone
St Louis, Missouri 63141
(314)995-5719

Chiropractors

Robert A. Arnone, DC