Chiropractors/worried about chiroprator treatment cracking lower back when not needed

Hi I went to chiropractor for first time yesterday for chronice neck/shoulder/arm/upperback pain for 14 years. I was insistent I dint have any lower back pain at all so was surprised after the assessment he decided to crack my lower back because "I couldnt touch my toes low enough" Thinking he knows what hes doing I went along with it however afterwards and a day later my lower back hurts quite a bit when it was perfectly fine before(ot was the one part one me I was relived to not have pain in an the last thing I need is to have MORE pain!)
I worry perhaps his assesment was wrong because I have never been able to touch my toes(even before I was injured). I couldnt touch my toes because it hurt my legs not my back. And I have long legs so maybe thats why!
I would like to know if it sounds like he knows what hes doing? Does the lower back need to be treated along with the neck to make the alognment porper? Is this pain going to go away from the treatment Im scared he may have casused pain and even perhaps starting the pain so I will return regularly.

Great question: often times the lower back is out of alignment and directly related to your neck misalignment. The body works like a kinetic chain, for example: if you have flat feet, that will affect your knees , hips and lower back. Just as the lower back can be traced back and associated with the neck.
Please tell him your concerns and tell him a out your lower back pain and he/she should make it right . Good luck!  

David Kulla, DC

I can answer any question related to Chiropractic. Questions regarding Disc Herniation, Disc Bulge, Scoliosis and Sciatica, Pinched Nerves, Subluxations, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Headaches, Shoulder and Arm pain, Leg and Hip pain, Neck and Back pain and much more. I also have a specialty in Nutrition: Specifically with Allergies both food and environmental as well as digestion problems.

At the age of 15 I had severe scoliosis (surgery recommended). After a brace failed to help and several other conventional methods failing. I started straightening my scoliosis with Chiropractic care. 10 years later, I became a Chiropractor and no longer have scoliosis. I have been in private practice for over 10 years in New York City. I have first hand knowledge and know what its like to be a Chiropractic Patient as well as a Doctor of Chiropractic.

US Wellness Chamber of Commerce BNI International Chiropractic Association

New York Sun Town And Village

Doctorate In Chiropractic , since 12/99 CN (Certified Nutritionist), finishing in early 2010 CCSP (Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician) Finishing 2010 Certified in Electrodiagnostic Studies

Families, professional ball players, actors, directors, producers, musicians, photographers, teachers , firemen and police and supermodels.