Chiropractors/Vertigo & left side numbness

I am 57 and had a heart attack in 4/13. I was recovering fine for 3 months, then started having problems with shaking & moderate vertigo. As time passes, it all seems to have transitioned to my left side. Several times a day, the left side of my face feels full & slightly numb. My equilibrium is bad. My left leg is weak & shaky. My cardiologist says my heart and carotid arteries are ok. I've had a brain MRI and my neurologist says all is normal. An ENT dr has scheduled a CT scan; meanwhile the problem worsens. My daughter sees a chiropractor who has told her my symptoms could possibly be alleviated by his techniques. In general, do you agree? Can you help me understand the reasoning and process? Thanks for your time.

Dr. Brian McKay Chiropractor Darien
Dr. Brian McKay Chirop  
I would like to apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I lost my passwords to this account and had my computer freeze up.
I agree with your daughter that you should see a chiropractor, it can only help. I think a CT Scan is a good idea because of the neurological symptoms progression. If you do not live near your daughter I can make a few calls to find you someone to see. I do feel that the neurologist needs to be the lead doctor on your case. They might not be chiropractor friendly so dance around and ask him or her what they think. It should not hurt you to see a chiropractor. Using the one your daughter goes to will help with your comfort level knowing that she trusts her chiropractor.I trust you are doing rehab with a PT for your stoke.
Please accept my apologies in not responding sooner.Have a Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year.

Dr.Brian McKay

I have experience with many different techinques utilized by different chiropractors. They all work but work differently. Some people respond better to different or a combination of techniques then to just one way of chiropractic. So I prefer open minded DC's who recognize our brother and sister chiropractors who work differently are helping patients with good solid chirocare. I can answer any question that comes up.

I have 22 years of experience. I graduated from Plamer Davenport in 1989

Conn Chiro Council

Atlanta Journal, Darien Times, Huffington Post

BS Mercy College 1984 DC Palmer College of Chiropractic 1989

I cannot name patients names out of respect for their privacy.