Chiropractors/Meralgia Parasthetica and fasiculations of legs

Question
QUESTION: I've been diagnosed with meralgia Parasthetica (MP) of both leg, onset during pregnancy 2 years ago when it started in left leg. I've been having dysesthesia and parathesia in thighs and legs, but have now developed fasciculations in lower and upper Extremities for 4 months now. Can MP cause lower leg  nerve pain at times without thigh pain? ( I get unilateral lower leg pain without thigh pain at times) . Lumbar MRI shows facet arthropathy. I'm just not sure if my symptoms are MP or something else in addition to MP. I don't have paralysis but occasional numbness and the legs sometimes feels like it will give out but it doesn't. Climbing 10 steps of stairs tires out my legs.  EMG normal, MRI of spine show herniated/bulging disc which both my neurologist and neurosurgeon feels are not the cause of my symptoms # hx of ACDF c6-7 and hx of diffuse disease disease of the spine#. I'm 41 years old. Other medical hx includes  prolactinenia=microadenoma, endometriosis, adenomyosis, uterine fibroids #gyn x2 does not feel symptoms are due to pelvis), dry eye syndrome and enlarged optic disc/nerve. No depression or anxiety. Please help, what could be the possible cause?... .

ANSWER: Can you explain what you mean by # hx of ACDF c6-7 Thank you

QUESTION: Anterior Cervical decompression and fusion of cervical spine disc 6-7 with bone graft done in 2009. Thanks

Answer
i HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT YOU SEEK THE CARE OF A CHIROPRACTIC NEUROLOGIST PLEASE CONTACT THE NEUROLOGY DEPARTMENT AT LOGAN COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC.

Now to answer your specific questions

Can MP cause lower leg  nerve pain at times without thigh pain? ( I get unilateral lower leg pain without thigh pain at times)

Yes a neurological pattern usually changes from time to time so this is a good possibility.

. Lumbar MRI shows facet arthropathy. I'm just not sure if my symptoms are MP or something else in addition to MP. I don't have paralysis but occasional numbness and the legs sometimes feels like it will give out but it doesn't. Climbing 10 steps of stairs tires out my legs.  EMG normal, MRI of spine show herniated/bulging disc which both my neurologist and neurosurgeon feels are not the cause of my symptoms

Not to sound rude or cocky but you are allowed to have more than one thing wrong with your health at any given time. The arthrosis in all medical likely hood is adding to the symptom picture nothing with the human body is just a cut and dry diagnosis. So the arthrosis could be causing the leg fatigue while the MP is causing thigh pain or they may merge over each other

# hx of ACDF c6-7 and hx of diffuse disease disease of the spine#. I'm 41 years old. Other medical hx includes  prolactinenia=microadenoma, endometriosis, adenomyosis, uterine fibroids #gyn x2 does not feel symptoms are due to pelvis), dry eye syndrome and enlarged optic disc/nerve. No depression or anxiety. Please help, what could be the possible cause?... .

As far as your other maladies these could be masking or adding to your your health care concerns. Most of what you have going seems to be based in the nervous system or neurologically based.

Try looking up Dr Mike Johnson he is a chiropractic neurologist of Wisconsin who has big referral base of DCs who practice functional medicine and functional neurology.

You will probably have to construct a team of health care professionals who can help you with specific symptom pictures. Google Dr Mike Johnson Chiropractic Neurologist

Chiropractors

John Quackenbush DC