Chiropractors/What tests should be taken

Years ago after I awaken from egd procedure, I experience neck pain and lower back pain everytime when I move. Now its my whole back. I had a spine x-ray done, result were normal. On my lower back it feel like its between my spine on a soft spot. When I had the egd done my body had to be moved around. I feel that could be the problem. What other tests should my doctor recommend? Heat therapy doesn't always work for me. What diagnose do you think I have or have you seen patients with similar problems? Thank you.

Dear Beth,

There is very little to go on here, so I hope that you understand that I cannot give you a diagnosis as to what the problem could be.  

I see people with back pain every day. It can be caused by any number of conditions.  The most important thing is to persist with your MD to make sure that all blood, lab, imaging studies are normal.  I cannot think of anything associated with an EGD that would cause you to have lower back pain, especially since it has been many years since the EGD was performed.    

If you find that all of the tests are "normal", then it is time to see a chiropractor to help you with your lower back pain. Chiropractors have a great track record for assisting patients with mechanical back and neck pain syndromes.  If you are having lower back pain with pain spreading into the buttocks, legs, or feet, then perhaps an MRI would be helpful.

I hope that this helps you a little bit.  There is a cause for the pain. The question is simply whether or not you have found a physician that can find the cause or not.

Good luck, God bless.

Keith Biggs, DC

Keith E. Biggs, DC

I can answer questions regarding chiropractic care and diagnosis, exercise rehabilitation, spine therapy, disc injuries, back pain, neck pain, headaches, sports injuries, car accident injuries, physical therapeutics, acupuncture, homeopathy, clinical nutrition, decompression traction, acupressure, acugraphing, orthotics, arch supports, carpal tunnel, sciatica, degenerative joint disease, arthritis, weight loss, etc.

I have been in private practice for more than 20 years in Mesa, AZ. In my practice I have seen thousands of patients with many different conditions. Every patient is unique and requires individualized attention and care. I pride myself in attentive and appropriate care for every individual that comes to my office

Arizona Chiropractic Society

Doctor of Chiropractic, Cum Laude,Logan College of Chiropractic, 1987. Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic. Licensed to practice Chiropractic in Arizona. Certification in Acupuncture. Certification in Physiotherapy and Traction.

I have treated thousands of people in my private practice during the past 21 years, and in the process, I have learned so much. Practice guidelines and patient privacy laws prohibit the naming of past patients.