Chiropractors/hip

Question
My hip popped so loud while trying to do a cartwheel that my granddaughter heard it. It hurt a lot at first, but now it seems to have settled in my right butt cheek, creating the sensation that I need to support that side and it hurts to bend over.  Anything to worry about or will this fix itself with time? Happened 2 days ago.
Thank you

Answer
Sounds as though you sprained the hip joint. If the symptoms persist in the next few days, I would have the hip examined and xray performed, also consider the sacroiliac joint (the dimple just above the right butt check), is the pain located there? The hip joint itself will typically cause pain in the groin and can refer pain down the front of the thigh. Any type of "catch" in the hip/groin area or pain with weight bearing should be evaluated.

Chiropractors

Timothy A. Peck, DC