Chiropractors/Thoracic area blunt force trauma

10 days ago whilst out walking I climbed a wall 1.5 metres in height and jumped of it, when I hit the hard ground it felt as though I had just been hit very hard in my upper back area knocking the breath out of me, it took a couple of minutes before I dared to move as I thought I had compressed my upper spine. I continued and finished my walk in some discomfort. I saw a Chiropractor a couple of days later and after an examination he said that everything looked ok with no bruising and no mis alignment to the spine, I have had 2 sessions of acupuncture and acupressure massage with my regular practitioner, he tells me that he thinks that when I hit the ground my spine moved but my back muscles did not resulting in strained muscles, is it possible that I may have caused damage to any internal organs.

Hi Anton,

With an injury like that, it is possible that you have damaged your internal organs. This is something you'll have to have your Medical doctor check. The nerves in the upper back also innervate your lungs, upper digestion, and your heart. I would suggest going back to the chiropractor (another one) and getting your spine checked again. It is impossible to have such a big trauma and not have any misalignments.

Good luck!
Dr. Nona Djavid
Wellness Choice

Nona Djavid

Can: Anything related to disorders of the nervous system or musculoskeletal system, the spine, neck pain, mid, upper, or lower back pain, joint pain, head aches, insomnia, trouble sleeping, tingling and/or numbness, coldness in joints or extremities, car accident or sports injuries, frequent urination, allergies, weakness in grip, dizziness, difficulty losing weight, low metabolism, pain in jaw/TMJ/clicking, heart palpitations, heart murmurs, shortness of breath, indigestion, acid reflux, nausea, ulcers, muscles cramps in legs and/or feet, constipation, diarrhea. Cannot: anything not listed above.

5 years of private practice in Newport Beach, CA.

Women of Wellness UC Berkeley Alumni Association

OC Family OC Parenting Orange Coast Magazine Modern Mom

University of California, Berkeley- B.A. Molecular & Cellular Biology (emphasis: neurology) Life Chiropractic College, Doctorate of Chiropractic Chiropractic Biophysics, Certified Pediatric Chiropractic, Certified in Webster Technique