Chiropractors/Extreme back pain after broken ribs?

Question
Like the title says, I broke a few ribs and now have a almost incapacitating pain from right next to my spinal cord. I can't sleep, sit normally, sneeze or even cough without agonizing pain. When I had my ribs checked out the urgent care doctor said he couldn't find a problem. Well there is obviously a problem as it seems to be getting worse. Any clues? Thanks.

Answer
Dear Chad...

I am so sorry that you are hurting, but there is very little information to go on in your question. If you could answer some questions, I will do my best to try and give you some ideas...

1)When were the ribs broken? What ribs were broken and where along the rib were they broken? What caused the ribs to break? What kind of accident did you have?
2)What imaging was done to see the broken ribs? (xray, CT, MRI... ect)
3)When did you go to the urgent care doctor that told you there was nothing wrong with your ribs?
4)How old are you?
5)What past spinal conditions have you had?
6)Have you had any xray, ct or MRI studies done on your back? If so, what were the results?
7)What level of the back is hurting? Upper, middle, lower back?
8)Does the pain travel up or down the spine or into the arms or legs?
9)Do you have a diagnosis of osteoporosis or osteopenia?
10)Have you been diagnosed with an arthritic condition of the spine in the past?
11)What medications are you on?  What past spinal procedures or surgeries have been done?
12)What is your overall health like? What is your health history?
13)What did the Urgent Care doctor tell you to do to follow up after his visit with you?
14)Have you gone to your primary care medical doctor with this complaint?  What did he/she say?
15)Have you visited a local chiropractor? What did he/she say?
16)What is your current employment? What do you do with your time? What physical activities could be contributing to your problem?

These are just a few of the questions that come to my mind off the top of my head.  It by no means is a complete list, but it would give me more detail about what you are truly experiencing.

I look forward to hearing from you.

God Bless,

Keith Biggs, DC

Chiropractors

Keith E. Biggs, DC