Chiropractors/nerve pain

Dr. Peck,
         I am a 43 year old male who been experiencing nerve pain. I notice the pain several minute after waking. It seems to originate on the rear deltoid, but there is pain in the under the brachioradialis and the dorsal side of the hand. There is no numbness in the extremity. I notice the pain worsens with shoulder pronation, shoulder depression, wrist extension, and forearm pronation. Cool air on the back of the forearm intensifies the pain. The pain will lessen usually diminish on its on. I usually sleep in a fetal position with my affected hand between my knees. What nerve would would cause this?

Sounds like the radial nerve distribution... The question is where is it compressed, as you describe orthopedic issues that may involve the neck, shoulder and lateral forearm. An orthopedic exam of the regions will narrow things down; then perhaps a nerve conduction/needle EMG test to isolate the nerves involved.  So the short answer is see an orthopedic surgeon or a chiropractic doctor that lists orthopedics or sports injuries as their areas of practice.  

Timothy A. Peck, DC

Chiropractic orthopedics, sports injury care. Spinal decompression therapy.

17 years of clinical experience. Practice focus on disc injury, motor vehicle injuries and the treatment of extremities.

Illinois Chiropractic Society

Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Letters to the editor. Adequacy of Education in Musculoskeletal Medicine, 2005

BS in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1990 Doctor of Chiropractic, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1992 Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician Program, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1993

Voted #1 Chiropractor, Best of Glen Carbon/Edwardsville, multi-year award.