Chiropractors/Rib Injury

I play college golf, and i hit around 300 balls everyday along with putting practice. I had this injury occur last fall, and i went to our on school trainer. I have pain right underneath my left shoulder blade, and close to my spine area. I only get the pain whenever i am starting my downswing and follow through. It hurt so bad i had to miss our last tournament of the fall. I gave it all winter to rest, and now this spring have played without terrible pain, but it is coming back. I have been told it is a subluxing rib, but they don't seem to do anything about it. I want to continue my career, as i am pretty good at the sport, but i don't know if i will ever see any relief. Please tell me what i should do, and i hope it doesn't include going and paying hundreds of dollars to a chiropractor to put me on a  machine for 15 minutes... like i said, i am a college student who is poor. i can't afford that

A chiropractor can adjust the ribhead that may be the issue and it should only take a couple of treatments. Most insurance covers chiropractors and if you don't have insurance, student discounts may be possible. I can direct you to someone if you let me know what city you are in. I don't know of any other treatment that will be the most effective for this other than a chiropractor.

Timothy A. Peck, DC

Chiropractic orthopedics, sports injury care. Spinal decompression therapy.

17 years of clinical experience. Practice focus on disc injury, motor vehicle injuries and the treatment of extremities.

Illinois Chiropractic Society

Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Letters to the editor. Adequacy of Education in Musculoskeletal Medicine, 2005

BS in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1990 Doctor of Chiropractic, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1992 Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician Program, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1993

Voted #1 Chiropractor, Best of Glen Carbon/Edwardsville, multi-year award.