Chiropractors/Strange feeling on back side of the head

Hello sir,

I'm 20 year old guy. 2 weeks ago I started having a strange feeling whenever I played video games for an hour or long in my bed resting my head on the wall and neck on pillow, actually i am mostly staying in this position. After the strange feeling appears it stays for the rest of the day. And when this happens, if i even apply a small pressure on the back of my head the feeling gets worse, i sometimes get little nauseated. The first day i couldn't sleep well because of the strange numbness feeling on the back of my head and i couldn't rest my head on the pillow. I went to the hospital to check my eyes (i have myopia on right eye), sinus (i had infection) and CT scan, the doctor told me that there is nothing wrong with me and they don't think that the problem is with the eyes sinus or brain.

Today, after a few days i have the same problem which started after i played a game but this time in a table like normal people use computer. I am even wearing glasses for the myopia. Also, when i move my neck sometimes i hear the bone cracking with a single small "tick" sound on the base of the neck. I stopped staying in that position already. I usually sleep on my sides and read or use laptop in the bed sleeping side-wise and it does not trigger the strange feeling.

So, if not sinus or eyes or brain, can this be because of my bad neck posture which caused fractures on the spinal chord?

Hi Garba,

Yes, it's pretty obvious that you had ergonomic constraint to your neck - a postural or positional strain to your neck.  The first place to look is your spine, since the nerves that emerge from the top of your spine wind around the base of your skull and into your head.   Bed's are for two things, one beign sleep. Find a good chiropractor, and change your gaming posture.  

'Hope this helps.

Dr. G'

Scott F. Gillman, DC, DACBSP

21 Years in practice: I can answer any question regarding chiropractic and sports medicine treatment. Mostly, I can help the unknowing public understand what is safe, valid, reasonable and evidence-based, and what kinds of unscrupulous chiropractors and fraudulent methods to stay away from. I have an advanced specialty degree in Chiropractic Sports Medicine. I have experience treating elite and Olympic athletes.

Publications: Education/Credentials:

Doctor of Chiropractic Diplomate: American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians International Chiropractic Sports Science Diploma