Chiropractors/Plank exercises after recovering from Cervical Pain

I was diagnosed with cervical radiculopathy (C5, C6, C7) in Feb 2011. I recovered and continued with a regular lifestyle. Recently, i started doing cardio routines involving kicks, punches and started getting mild pin pricks along my right arm. I checked with an orthopaedic and was advised but, no rigorous exercises. I was told to avoid kick boxing routines permanently. I was told that i can continue running. I also enquired about doing crunches and planks but, did not get a clear response as both, the doctor and physiotherapist were not clear on these kind of exercises. Can you please advise whether i can do crunches and plank exercises once the pin pricks go away?

I agree with the Ortho and PT on the kick boxing. I think you would be fine doing the crunches and planks. I would wait until you stop feeling the pins & needles and then start with the crunches and planks. Make sure you do not pull on your head and neck when doing crunches!

John Quackenbush DC

Chronic pain syndromes such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dizziness,Carpal Tunnel Syndromes,Headaches, Migraines,Chronic Low back pain,Chronic neck pain, Peripheral Neuropathy,Detoxification, EWOT exercise with Oxygen and Brain Based Therapy.

I have 28 years of clinical experience.

BS human Biology DC Doctorate of Chiropractic 1981 Logan University Diplomate National Board of Chiropractic