Hey whenever I take a deep breath my back cracks is there something wrong? What can I do to prevent this from happening

Hi Nastasia,

There are many questions that I need answered. Is this painful? Is it cracking on the back side of your ribs or the front side? It may be a muscular imbalance between the muscles that elevate your ribs. It may be a slight misalignment of your ribs. It may be a chronic injury that has degenerated and scarred causing abnormal motion of the ribs. Have you had many musculoskeletal injuries in the past? Have you seen a chiropractor yet? Your problem may easily be treated by a chiropractic physician. These type problems are very common and seen frequently.
Let me know how your first visit with a Chiropractor goes.

Stay healthy,
Dr. True

Jerome M. True, DC, FIACN

General musculoskeletal pain mechanisms, Evidence-based neuromusculoskeletal therapies, General chiropractic treatment options.

25 years of experience with back and neck disorders, Chiropractic neurologist, Success with non-surgical treatment of cervical and lumbar radiculopathy, Neurology textbook author.

Florida Chiropractic Association, North American Association for Laser Therapy, American Association of Spine Physicians.

Myelopathy, Radiculopathy, and Peripheral Entrapment Syndromes, Journal of Athletic Training, Conservative Management of Sports Injuries,

Doctor of Chiropractic (Cleveland Chiropractic College), Diplomate of the American College of Chiropractic Neurology, Fellow International Academy of Chiropractic Neurology.

Professional athletes, High net-worth patients, Physicians and Professionals.