Chiropractors/Numbness and Twitching

For over a year now I have been experiencing numbness in my extrmeities - mostly at night while sleeping (sleep on back) but through the day periodically too.  I have also been having twitching througout my body - random and sporadic - through the day and at night. Some mild pain in back and neck too.  GP thought maybe MS - MRI of brain and spine did not show lesions but did show the following:
C4-C5, C5-C6: Tiny broad-based disc bulge is effacement of ventral
thecal sac. No significant central spinal stenosis. Mild
neuroforaminal narrowing
My GP did not think this was significant enough to be the cause.  Have you ever had a patient with a mild case like this with similar symptoms (numbness and twitching)? (we have done all of the blood work up as well as a nuero visit - everything normal)
thank you for your time!

We have seen cases like your before and have been able to get phenomenal results however I am hesitant to say this is a chiropractic case (meaning the disc bulges are the cause of twitches and numbness) without proper examination. If your GP and neurologist have ruled everything else out, then it's time to see a chiropractor.

I have certainly had cases where subluxations, minor disc bulges, or stenosis in the spine were causing the twitching, tingling, and numbness. The symptoms cleared up with corrective chiropractic care. I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but I hope it helps.

Dr. Nona Djavid  

Nona Djavid

Can: Anything related to disorders of the nervous system or musculoskeletal system, the spine, neck pain, mid, upper, or lower back pain, joint pain, head aches, insomnia, trouble sleeping, tingling and/or numbness, coldness in joints or extremities, car accident or sports injuries, frequent urination, allergies, weakness in grip, dizziness, difficulty losing weight, low metabolism, pain in jaw/TMJ/clicking, heart palpitations, heart murmurs, shortness of breath, indigestion, acid reflux, nausea, ulcers, muscles cramps in legs and/or feet, constipation, diarrhea. Cannot: anything not listed above.

5 years of private practice in Newport Beach, CA.

Women of Wellness UC Berkeley Alumni Association

OC Family OC Parenting Orange Coast Magazine Modern Mom

University of California, Berkeley- B.A. Molecular & Cellular Biology (emphasis: neurology) Life Chiropractic College, Doctorate of Chiropractic Chiropractic Biophysics, Certified Pediatric Chiropractic, Certified in Webster Technique