Chiropractors/Back pain

Question
I have recently experienced that when I move from side to side twisting my back there is a strange sound, almost like a soft grinding in my spine that accompanies the movement. It almost makes me feel breathless though it does not hurt.The muscles along my spine on the other hand are very painful especially mid way down my spine.Should I have this checked out? I have very bad posture and sleep on a very hard,old mattress. Could bad posture and a bad mattress contribute to back pain?

Answer
1) Yes, you should have this checked out. 2) Yes, bad posture and a bad mattress can contribute to back pain.

Julia, back "pain" is not your enemy. Altered mechanical motion/function that leads to spinal injury and degenerative changes are your enemies. When you have these things, you will eventually develop a painful back.  The old saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure... is a true statement. You should find a good chiropractor that will help you to better understand the mechanics of your back, and help you to improve them through adjustments, exercises, postural changes, etc.   There are so many other factors that need to be taken into consideration.

I hope that this is helpful to you.

biggskeith@gmail.com
Keith E. Biggs DC.

Chiropractors

Keith E. Biggs, DC