Chiropractors/Pulled muscle?

My mom pulled a muscle in her arm/shoulder..would you recommend a shoulder wrap, a sling or an arm brace? Mom also keeps saying she feels like the bone is falling further and further down.

Hi Susan,

Based on what you are telling me, a sling would be appropriate at this time. But more importantly, you need to take her to the orthopedist who can evaluate and xray her to determine if there is structural damage. A feeling of bone falling out needs to be evaluated immediately to rule out pathology. It may be the bone and/or it may be the soft tissue (ligaments, muscles, capsule) that is damaged.  

Vishal Verma DC CCSP

I can answer questions about acute and chronic pain and their conservative management, sports injuries, back and neck pain, extremity pain, herniated/bulging discs, sciatica or other neurological issues, rehabilitation and fitness concerns, spinal decompression and cold laser therapy. I can't answer questions about specific medications and their prescription. I can give general information about them at best.

I have years of experience in sportsmedicine and conservative care of musculo-skeletal injuries with the use of chiropractic, rehabilitation, and fitness/exercise as well as the use of advanced technologies such as spinal decompression and low intensity laser therapy. I have private practice experience as well as experience within an integrated medical setting with concurrent care of patients with both medicine as well as alternative therapy. I am a board certified sports chiropractor and have treated athletes of all kinds in the conservative management of sports injuries and performance enhancement.

American Board of Chiropractic Sports Physicians North American Association of Laser Therapists

Your Health Magazine Alternative Health Magazine Northern VA Womens Magazine Townsend Newsletters

Doctor of Chiropractic Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician