Chiropractors/dolor

Question
I am in charge of occupational health and safety in 20 clothes store all around venezuela. We have plenty of workers complyning of pain due to long lasting standing. It is forbbiden to have chaires. Especcially girls have troubles with varicouse veins. The cashiers stand for more than 5 hours in the same position. what could I do?

Answer
Hi Anton, Using a cushioned mat is a first-line prevention. They are used in the USA all the time for cashiers. The cost of good mats may be high, but loss of sales and loss of productivity from a worker in pain is greater. There are many scientific studies which confirm the use of cushioned mats for standing employees will increase productivity. If management doesn't believe me then try placing a few high quality floor mats in a few stores and see how sales improve. You will be surprised.
Good luck my friend, All the best,
Dr. Jerry True

Chiropractors

Jerome M. True, DC, FIACN