I am in charge of occupational health and safety in 20 clothes store all around venezuela. We have plenty of workers complyning of pain due to long lasting standing. It is forbbiden to have chaires. Especcially girls have troubles with varicouse veins. The cashiers stand for more than 5 hours in the same position. what could I do?

Hi Anton, Using a cushioned mat is a first-line prevention. They are used in the USA all the time for cashiers. The cost of good mats may be high, but loss of sales and loss of productivity from a worker in pain is greater. There are many scientific studies which confirm the use of cushioned mats for standing employees will increase productivity. If management doesn't believe me then try placing a few high quality floor mats in a few stores and see how sales improve. You will be surprised.
Good luck my friend, All the best,
Dr. Jerry True

Jerome M. True, DC, FIACN

General musculoskeletal pain mechanisms, Evidence-based neuromusculoskeletal therapies, General chiropractic treatment options.

25 years of experience with back and neck disorders, Chiropractic neurologist, Success with non-surgical treatment of cervical and lumbar radiculopathy, Neurology textbook author.

Florida Chiropractic Association, North American Association for Laser Therapy, American Association of Spine Physicians.

Myelopathy, Radiculopathy, and Peripheral Entrapment Syndromes, Journal of Athletic Training, Conservative Management of Sports Injuries,

Doctor of Chiropractic (Cleveland Chiropractic College), Diplomate of the American College of Chiropractic Neurology, Fellow International Academy of Chiropractic Neurology.

Professional athletes, High net-worth patients, Physicians and Professionals.