Chiropractors/My back and neck

Dear Mr. Biggs, my name is Sarah, and I actually have quite a bit of questions for you. I have been having some back pain lately in different spots, such as my neck are my mid back, my lower back and the upper left part of my back. Any ways, I was wondering what might be the cause of it. I have awful posture so i know that is definitely one of the main reasons I'm having this problems, and its killing me I was just wondering might be causing this. I am 12 and now my mom wants to take me to the doctor and her doctor is also a chiropractor and I'm not crazy about  getting my back pooped so I was wondering if you had any suggestions that would help me help my back. Thank you for answering my silly questions, Sincerely Sarah Flaugh

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for the question. I wish that I had perfect answers for you, but I don't.  There are a lot of possible reasons why you have back pain, and so it is impossible for me to tell you why.  Your mother is right in that you should be seen by a doctor.  I personally think that it would be a good idea to go to your pediatrician first to make sure that there is nothing going on that he/she should know about, and then a visit to the chiropractor is a good idea.  As far as getting your back popped, it is nothing to worry about. Most people feel much better after being adjusted. It helps them to have less pain and improved movement. Your mother loves you and wants what is best for you. I have adjusted my children (I have seven of them!) and my grandchildren since they were babies.

I hope that you have success as you try and find answers to why you are hurting.

Keith E. Biggs, DC

I can answer questions regarding chiropractic care and diagnosis, exercise rehabilitation, spine therapy, disc injuries, back pain, neck pain, headaches, sports injuries, car accident injuries, physical therapeutics, acupuncture, homeopathy, clinical nutrition, decompression traction, acupressure, acugraphing, orthotics, arch supports, carpal tunnel, sciatica, degenerative joint disease, arthritis, weight loss, etc.

I have been in private practice for more than 20 years in Mesa, AZ. In my practice I have seen thousands of patients with many different conditions. Every patient is unique and requires individualized attention and care. I pride myself in attentive and appropriate care for every individual that comes to my office

Arizona Chiropractic Society

Doctor of Chiropractic, Cum Laude,Logan College of Chiropractic, 1987. Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic. Licensed to practice Chiropractic in Arizona. Certification in Acupuncture. Certification in Physiotherapy and Traction.

I have treated thousands of people in my private practice during the past 21 years, and in the process, I have learned so much. Practice guidelines and patient privacy laws prohibit the naming of past patients.