Are spinal realignments dangerous at all? Do chiropractors largely relieve pain or do they handle underlying causes to cure conditions?

There is danger in everything, so yes, there is danger in chiropractic adjustments.  Yes, adjustments can relieve pain, and they can help you to deal with the underlying cause. In order to answer if chiropractic manipulation "cures" a condition, you would have to define the word "cure".  If you are thinking that a condition is eliminated and there is little or no potential for the condition to return... then I would say no.  Consider heart disease, lung diseases, cancer, diabetes.... are any of these conditions cured, or are they all just managed? How about Asthma, hypertension, allergies, arthritis... the list could go on and on. Few, if any, are eliminated through medicine, surgery, or any other medical intervention. These diseases are only controlled and managed through proper medical care.

Spinal conditions can be controlled and managed through chiropractic care.  

I hope that this helps you to better understand.

Keith E. Biggs, DC

I can answer questions regarding chiropractic care and diagnosis, exercise rehabilitation, spine therapy, disc injuries, back pain, neck pain, headaches, sports injuries, car accident injuries, physical therapeutics, acupuncture, homeopathy, clinical nutrition, decompression traction, acupressure, acugraphing, orthotics, arch supports, carpal tunnel, sciatica, degenerative joint disease, arthritis, weight loss, etc.

I have been in private practice for more than 20 years in Mesa, AZ. In my practice I have seen thousands of patients with many different conditions. Every patient is unique and requires individualized attention and care. I pride myself in attentive and appropriate care for every individual that comes to my office

Arizona Chiropractic Society

Doctor of Chiropractic, Cum Laude,Logan College of Chiropractic, 1987. Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic. Licensed to practice Chiropractic in Arizona. Certification in Acupuncture. Certification in Physiotherapy and Traction.

I have treated thousands of people in my private practice during the past 21 years, and in the process, I have learned so much. Practice guidelines and patient privacy laws prohibit the naming of past patients.