Chiropractors/atlas orthogonal

Hello, I had recently visited a DC for moderate back pain who does atlas orthogonal adjustment. Now, my understanding is AO is more or less a subdivision of chiropractic and most DCs have rudimentary knowledge of it at most. Would that be accurate?
Now  my x-ray showed, from side view of the atlas, an approx. 17 degree angle, which he said he would adjust. When I asked what the ideal angle would be he said 30 degrees. Would that be accurate? As I haven't been able to verify that.
Other than AO angle, overall spinal subluxation was not bad, but a little more compressed toward the  bottom. So Im asking if what seemed to be  the core goal, of adjusting side AO angle from about 17 to 30 could produce notable benefits? thank you much.

Dr.Brian McKay
Dr.Brian McKay  
Atlas Orthogonal is a very specialized technique within chiropractic. Your questions are very specific and you show tremendous knowledge. Unless a chiro has knowledge of OA it is hard to answer your questions. I think the biggest question do you feel better after being adjusted? Does it work for well for you? These are more important then 17 vs 30 degrees. I think specific tolerances are wonderful for machines the body is unique. Feel better get results and don't sweat the angles. Dr brian

Dr.Brian McKay

I have experience with many different techinques utilized by different chiropractors. They all work but work differently. Some people respond better to different or a combination of techniques then to just one way of chiropractic. So I prefer open minded DC's who recognize our brother and sister chiropractors who work differently are helping patients with good solid chirocare. I can answer any question that comes up.

I have 22 years of experience. I graduated from Plamer Davenport in 1989

Conn Chiro Council

Atlanta Journal, Darien Times, Huffington Post

BS Mercy College 1984 DC Palmer College of Chiropractic 1989

I cannot name patients names out of respect for their privacy.