Chiropractors/Questions Answered by Expert John Quackenbush DC

SubjectDate Asked
back injury10/4/2016
  Q: I have a degenerative disc on L4 of my lower spine that i got from playing ice hockey. Sometimes ...
  A: You will need to absolutely solidify and buttress your core but the ultimate low back exercise is ...
Question About My Father's Hip/Thigh Joint Pain8/15/2016
  Q: Quackenbush, Thank you for your time! This question is for my father, who is 79 years old and ...
  A: As a chiropractor I can not comment on medication use. It is a good thing that his xrays are ...
ayuda6/16/2015
  Q: I am in charge of occupational health and safety in 20 clothes store all around venezuela. We have ...
  A: Anton, First you need to determine if the workstation is at the most functional height for the ...
Pain in legs5/2/2015
  Q: My MRI reports Lumber spine, Scout brain and scout cervical say: -Diffuse disc bulges at L3L4,L4, ...
  A: When was this mri performed. I dont know what you mean scout brain scout cervical Hello I was ...
lightheaded,tipsy, neck pain4/28/2015
  Q: I have been lightheaded for 20 yrs, all the time. Lately, neck is painful to turn, and sounds ...
  A: Yes I highly suggest you find a chiropractor that practices "functional Medicine" as well as regular ...
painful red swollen toes2/2/2015
  Q: I just started getting red swollen toes the tips of the toes - the three middle toes on each foot ...
  A: I would love to answer your question but you did not give me enough information concerning your ...
Lower Back Pain. Upper back pain. I'm nervous.1/24/2015
  Q: My name is Charles and I'm 21 years old and pretty health. I have always been nervous about my back ...
  A: Charles, you have a lot to deal with as far as your anxiety but the best thing you can do is to get ...
neck/back pain w/numbness last 3 fingers of right hand & leg11/18/2014
  Q: Family doctor has been giving pain killers,which I don't like and suggested heat packs.sometimes ...
  A: The part of your forearm may possibly be so swollen that is cutting off circulation to the rest of ...
Scalp Tingling10/1/2014
  Q: I have been experiencing scalp tingling for the past couple months now. This is pretty much the only ...
  A: Matthew, Good to hear your blood work and MRI are clear. The scalps sensation is innervated by a ...
sacral pain8/18/2014
  Q: I think I may have sent this question to you before but I gave my old email address which I found is ...
  A: Rosemary, I am sorry to hear of your sister's passing. You may have subluxated your Sacroiliac or ...
spinal subluxation8/2/2014
  Q: Back in 2008, I began experiencing high anxiety, fatigue problems, dizzy spells, & stiff neck. There ...
  A: Benjamin, Do you have access to the NUCCA chiropractor who helped you in the past? Also what took ...
Plank exercises after recovering from Cervical Pain5/26/2014
  Q: I was diagnosed with cervical radiculopathy (C5, C6, C7) in Feb 2011. I recovered and continued with ...
  A: I agree with the Ortho and PT on the kick boxing. I think you would be fine doing the crunches and ...
dizzy spells5/9/2014
  Q: I've been having dizzy spells. My vision will blurr in and out. Two days ago, I was in class and it ...
  A: I need more information: male or female. Have you have any traumatic injuries, have you hit your ...
Muscle Question1/14/2014
  Q: how are you. I have had this shoulder surgery. The surgery involved reattaching my Rhomboid Muscle ...
  A: First and foremost get the radiology report that was generated by the radiologist who read the MRI ...
Carpal Tunnel12/27/2013
  Q: I have carpal tunnel in my left wrist. I am 17 years old. I am also a musician. I refuse to have ...
  A: Corinn, I will need some further questions answered before I can give you a good answer. 1 Male or ...
Inflammation12/10/2013
  Q: I have a lot of inflammation and allergies. With all the allergies, you would think I would have a ...
  A: Eddie, Wow you have a lot going on!!! Allergies are a very complex issue and it is my personal ...
neck and shoulder pain10/14/2013
  Q: I have been dealing with chronic neck and shoulder pain for almost a year, I'm on norco, 3 diff ...
  A: I dont believe that the loss of the curve in your neck is Shredding your muscles but it most ...
Pain in shoulders and hands9/15/2013
  Q: I am a 31yr old female, diagnosed with Bipolar (meds: AM -150mg Lamotragine, PM - 50mg Dopaqual and ...
  A: Always check the side effects of your medications..although i don't think they would cause shoulder ...
upper thigh and leg8/27/2013
  Q: When I stoop over I get severe pain and have problems straightening up. I have to try to stand ...
  A: Donna There could be a myriad of problems with your spine and pelvis that could be causing this ...
Spinous Process Fractures7/29/2013
  Q: Good afternoon! My daughter was in a super-bad tornado in the middle of May. She has two spinous ...
  A: Kristine, This is a very tough situation. I witnessed my step son who had to make it through a ...
husbands health6/3/2013
  Q: My husband woke this morning with a quick onset of flahing lights and what he describes as wiggly ...
  A: Debra I highly suggest you get your husband to a neurologist and a cardiology at this point I dont ...
Should thermal scan after four serious show more tension4/3/2013
  Q: I have been going to a chiropractor for last one month for my back pain. There is still a lot of ...
  A: In the scenario you described the changes are normal. You are on your fifth visit and just getting ...
MP3/4/2013
  Q: I don't want to do drugs or surgery. What else can I do about my MP? It started about two months ...
  A: I suggest you seek the care of healthcare physician who practices Functional Medicine. Most of the ...
back continuously out2/27/2013
  Q: I will try to give you some background information as I'm not sure what is pertinent. I have 2 ...
  A: Jenny, Please tell me more about your adjustments. What kind were they, how often, how many,do you ...
Meralgia Parasthetica and fasiculations of legs2/12/2013
  Q: I've been diagnosed with meralgia Parasthetica (MP) of both leg, onset during pregnancy 2 years ago ...
  A: i HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT YOU SEEK THE CARE OF A CHIROPRACTIC NEUROLOGIST PLEASE CONTACT THE NEUROLOGY ...
Sudden neck, jaw, ear & shoulder pain12/15/2012
  Q: I'm a 20 year old female, 5'5 & 207lbs. I don't have health insurance currently dealing with an ...
  A: Paris, many times with a symptom complex such as you describe there can be several situations that ...
How to stay aligned after chiropractor?10/23/2012
  Q: I play the violin many hours a day, and I do Pilates and stretching and strength building exercises ...
  A: SJ First and foremost I want to commend you for being on a wellness or maintenance program. I would ...
Neck pain and dizziness10/18/2012
  Q: Good evening Sir, I'm hoping you can help me place my issue. This could be lengthy, I apologize in ...
  A: Ashley, Actually the symptoms you are describing are more common than you would think. The type of ...
cubital tunnel syndrome9/16/2012
  Q: I have been diagnosed with cts by a neurologist saying there is "significant" nerve damage. I have ...
  A: Mary Ann if you feel CTS surgery is a consideration I suggest you seek the care of a competent ...
Curved Neck & Unleveled Shoulders8/24/2012
  Q: I'm 27 years old and my shoulders are not leveled. There is also a curve in my neck due to which ...
  A: Ajit from your description it sounds like you have a form of scoliosis which is a curvature of the ...
upper back pain6/29/2012
  Q: I often have upper back pain, between the shoulder blades area and get regular massage for this. ...
  A: I would like to answer your questions. I have copy and pasted your questions and will answer between ...
mirgraines/knot in back of neck5/24/2012
  Q: II have been recently diagnosed w/miigraines. Now i was in the shower last night and has pain coming ...
  A: KRIS, IT IS A PROVEN FACT THAT PINCHED NERVES IN THE NECK CAN LEAD TO HEADACHES. THE SYMPTOMS YOU ...
Sciatic Pain?5/3/2012
  Q: I recently had my spinal cord stimulator replaced and when they replaced the battery they moved it ...
  A: Jamie, There is just not enough information to answer this question. I would have to know your ...
Pain on left side of body.4/16/2012
  Q: I am facing problem in the left side of the whole body. Its not exactly pain but uncomfortable on ...
  A: Curry, This si more than likely a Subluxation of one or more of your cervical vertsbrae or bones in ...
Numbness in both hands and sometimes legs4/5/2012
  Q: i was in a very good health , until one day suddenly while driving for 250 km , a traffic jam came ...
  A: Mohammmed, Your symptom complex points to a possible subluxation of your first cervical vertebra ...
chest pain3/14/2012
  Q: I am 49 yr old female, 5'5", 156 lbs. been diagnosed with COPD, Asthma, i have carpal tunnel, ...
  A: Lisa, You have a lot going on. Obviously you need to have a medical check up and an extensive ...
neck & head pain2/27/2012
  Q: I have neck pain rising into the back of the head for over 2 years now. I get irritation at the ...
  A: Mark, You definitely should seek a physical examination by a competent Chiropractor. The history ...
neck pain and dizziness2/15/2012
  Q: I had been having neck pain for a few months and it finally got bad enough that I decided to visit a ...
  A: John, If you are still having this dizziness and you want to rule out brain stem stroke you should ...
Left sided chest pain for 1 year1/18/2012
  Q: A year ago after a period of increased activity (my son broke his leg and I was lifting his ...
  A: I highly suggest you see a chiropractor and have your neck and upperback examined for a subluxation ...
Chronic Neck and Back Pain12/1/2011
  Q: I'm a 28 year old Female who was in a motor vehicle accident in 2003, I was diagnosed with a C1 ...
  A: Amy, I will reply between lines. But I still suggest you get to a chiropractor who employs spinal ...
Meralgia paresthetica10/17/2011
  Q: I am 29, pregnant and I have been suffering from meralgia paresthetica on my right thigh since I ...
  A: Laura, I cannot provide you with any statistics concerning your symptoms. I can tell you that there ...
Neck bubbling/facial numbness10/5/2011
  Q: Two Months ago i started to hear bubbles bursting behind my ears and in my neck.It happens only when ...
  A: Terry, I think it is very important to keep your appointment with the specialist. I would do every ...
head pressure9/30/2011
  Q: I had a skateboarding accident about two and a half days ago. I fell off pretty hard and landed on ...
  A: Rhoan, You immediately need to have a CT Scan or at least an MRI of your skull and brain for ...
CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS9/23/2011
  Q: My father Is Severely suffering from cervical spondylosis(MRI proved it). Report says mild reduction ...
  A: Surgery may be your father's only hope and I cannot just write a response and say don't have ...
pain at deltoid9/22/2011
  Q: i have a pain at the deltoit in my left shoulder.it is sharp and if i put on my shirt the pain is ...
  A: Ben, Sounds to me like a rotator cuff syndrome but your doctor should not over look a possible ...
Chronic Tension Headaches or more?9/11/2011
  Q: Quackenbush, I am 18 years of age and have recently been suffering with headaches. I have had these ...
  A: Andreas, If you presented to me with these symptoms I would immediately order an MRI of your head ...
Disc Narrowing9/6/2011
  Q: A few years ago, my doctor told me that I might have scoliosis after I went in for a check-up. I was ...
  A: Mimi, First and foremost you will more than likely be able to get pregnant and carry to term and ...
Lower Back Pain for a Long time!9/6/2011
  Q: I wondered if you could help me. Since 2007 I have been suffering from lower back pain. I was ...
  A: Ross, Given your parameters you describe you were on the right track seeing a Chiropractor. If money ...
back pain8/25/2011
  Q: I have recently had a mri lumbar spine after a year of being put on Antipsychotic medication because ...
  A: Michelle, My answers are in caps!!! Mild spondylotic changes involving L4-L5 and L5-S1 levels with ...
arm pain8/22/2011
  Q: six days ago I pinched a nerve in my lower back and have been experiencing the sciatic nerve pain ...
  A: Linda, I am sorry to hear of your situation. First and foremost I am assuming that you are asking ...
ear pain7/28/2011
  Q: my mother has been to see two doctors as she has a constant pain in her ear that is not getting ...
  A: This is a very tough question to answer and I really don't think I can give you a definitive answer ...
Costochondritis7/21/2011
  Q: I am a healthy 21 year old female, 110 lb., 53. Exactly a month ago I did some heavy breathing ...
  A: Michaela, It sounds as if you might have been too aggressive with your breathing exercises and yes ...
arm and leg weakness due to straight neck?7/17/2011
  Q: I'm mainly writing for peace of mind. Here's a brief history of a trying year before I ask my ...
  A: Sheryl, To be quick yes the straightening of your neck can contribute to most of the symptoms you ...
back pain7/12/2011
  Q: I have been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I had severe hip pain sleeping on my inner-spring ...
  A: Annie, This is very difficult to answer because there is no one bed fits all solution.The problem ...
Headache and neck pain6/10/2011
  Q: I have persistent neck pain and headache for 3 weeks. I am conscious of it when I get up in the ...
  A: Abhay, considering a symptomatic issues that you are describing it is apparent that you are more ...
Neck/deltoid pain6/4/2011
  Q: I am in reasonably good shape. 40 years old. I first noticed the pain in my shoulder in the middle ...
  A: Steve, I highly suggest you go to your doctor since you are already contemplating this idea. I ...
Kick Boxing after Cervical Radiculopathy5/23/2011
  Q: I suffered from cervical radiculopathy in the month of Feb.11 (23 Feb) and was put on bed rest and ...
  A: Nilopal, Well the safe answer is to never kick box again!! Even though I know you do not want to ...
lower back cartigue5/22/2011
  Q: please can you help me. im suffering from constant pain in my back and have been since i gave birth ...
  A: Lisa, I am sorry to hear of your predicament. There is a few that need to be ruled out out. First ...
About restoring the neck curve.4/12/2011
  Q: My name is Andrea who stay in Singapore. 25 years old. My chiroprators in Singapore dianogoses me ...
  A: Andrea, I need to ask a few questions: Are you still in pain? if yes where is the pain and how is ...
Hip & Neck & Shoulder Pain3/31/2011
  Q: I have a couple of seperate issues. I have a tightness in my neck and shoulders all day long. It can ...
  A: Zac, Yes you should see a Chiropractor for both of your health concerns. The first thing you should ...
shoulder/neck pain3/28/2011
  Q: I have been told by a chiropractor that I have a weak neck and my muscles in my shoulders go into ...
  A: Lesley, The symptoms you describe are textbook cervical myositis.It is quite possible that you have ...
Sciatica/Piriformis Syndrome3/22/2011
  Q: I am being treated for sciatica. Many of the issues I was having when I first went to the ...
  A: Carol, You may in fact be correct. I would discuss this with your chiropractor and let her know ...
neck3/18/2011
  Q: I laid down in bed and turned my head somehow as I laid and heard a noise, like a crackle almost. ...
  A: Janet, Some people say "time heals all wounds" and this may be true but as a health practitioner I ...
muscle weakness3/17/2011
  Q: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so if it's not, can you tell me where I should ...
  A: Nick, The only thing you can do w/o seeing a doctor is wait and see. I do not recommend that at all. ...
Ribs3/12/2011
  Q: my name is Joe. Recently, I was doing some Teakwondo for a video. I never got punched or kicked ...
  A: Joe, Seems like you have vovered all the bases here. You actually could have cracked ribs instead ...
Cervicogenic headaches3/4/2011
  Q: I wondered 2 things about Cervicogenic headaches. If facial movement or barely touching a small ...
  A: James, Very good question and very perplexing. I have to admit movement of your upper lip and ...
Severe pain in my left shoulder2/27/2011
  Q: Around November of last year (around the same time I got my flu shot) I began experiencing sharp, ...
  A: Candy, I would like to answer your questions by commenting between them separately: 1. How do you ...
Complications resulting from a recent surgery2/19/2011
  Q: I just had surgery,(6 days ago)on my left arm to help with carpal tunnel,tendonitis,and tennis ...
  A: Greg, There is the distinct possibility that you may have nerve damage from your surgery. I am not ...
NECK PAIN2/12/2011
  Q: I TOOK MY 14 YR OLD TO THE CHIROPRACTOR AND THE XRAY SHOWED SHE HAS MINIMAL CURVATURE IN HER NECK. ...
  A: Veronica, It is difficult to answer your question as you never explained what symptoms your ...
pain everywhere1/30/2011
  Q: I have paresthetica meralgia, carpal like symptoms and numb hands literally walking me up all night. ...
  A: Joyce, I would like to answer by answering in Capital letters between sentences. I hope this helps ...
hip1/30/2011
  Q: about 2 weeks ago I was turning around and my hip popped LOUD and I loss the use of my r leg for a ...
  A: Paula, I will need to know more about your ER visit what was done xrays, MRI, Bllodwork? Not quite ...
past patient1/25/2011
  Q: I was just wondering if you are the same Dr that treated me at Arrowhead Health on Bell Road in ...
  A: Denise, I did work at Arrowhead. I can see you in anthem out of my home office. Call my wife Lana ...
elbow1/19/2011
  Q: i am now 43 year old male. my right elbow is in alot of pain by the way i am left handed so i use ...
  A: JII, You absolutely need a one on one examination. Isuggest xrays right away. This a clinical ...
Severe Mid to upper back pain1/2/2011
  Q: I was diagnosed with 3 broken ribs and a severely torn muscle and now after 4 weeks I am getting ...
  A: William, You are a mess right now. I do not think you are a chiropractic candidate at this point. ...
Back pain12/31/2010
  Q: I recently started to get a pain in my upper left mid back bottom of shoulder blade, dull ache I ...
  A: Semma, That sounds like good news. How did you find out it was just a muscle spasm. Who did you see, ...
herniated disc12/27/2010
  Q: Quackenbush, My father who is 50 years old and is a computer engineer, has back pain at the C6 T1 ...
  A: Yvette, Let me answer your questions as follows: Dear Dr. Quackenbush, My father who is 50 years ...
Toe pain at night, leg pain worse at night.12/27/2010
  Q: I am 34 year old mother of 3. I was diagnosed with diabetes 5 years ago and lupus 4 years ago. I am ...
  A: Reda, You should immediately report this to your primary care physcian! You may have a condition ...
lower back pain12/21/2010
  Q: I have severe pain that starts in the middle of my lower back and goes down into the middle of my ...
  A: Lisa, Why not get an examination by a doctor of Chiropractic. Sounds like you are a text book ...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome12/19/2010
  Q: I fell down some stairs exactly a year ago. Ever since then I've been suffering from Chronic ...
  A: Crissy, There is one facet when it comes to CFS as well as Fibromyalgia and that is traumatic ...
right hip and low back pain12/3/2010
  Q: I am a 42 yr old female. I have right hip and low back pain.The pain initially started in my groin ...
  A: Jennifer, First and foremost I definitely think you should seek a chiropractic consultation. More ...
Lower back pain11/28/2010
  Q: I had my MRI done a month ago and I don't understand all that medical jargon. Could someone please ...
  A: I will try to explain what your mri means. My response is in caps. L4/5 shows mild broad central ...
massage techniques for slipped disc in neck11/25/2010
  Q: Do you know exactly how and what/technique massage you should be using to cure a slipped ...
  A: Ron, Any massage technique that helps decrease disc compression while enhancing the natural ...
Pain in neck, shoulder and head11/11/2010
  Q: I had a surgery for wrist ganglion in march 2009. since then i am having pain in my lower part of ...
  A: First and foremost you need to get a second opinion as to the efficacy of your hand surgery. You ...
right flank pain11/7/2010
  Q: My name is Chancy, I'm male, 29 years old. About 10 days ago, I had a pain in the right flank area ...
  A: Chancy, One way to rule out the gall stone is to have the ultrasound done! It's not that invasive ...
Concerned11/4/2010
  Q: I am concerned. I have seen my doctor about waking up and not being able to use my legs well because ...
  A: Kim, If your PCP is not concerned get a second opinion from another PCP. Also you could go to a ...
left knee severe injury11/4/2010
  Q: In 1988 I had a severe injury to my left knee 6 surgery 3 of witch were acl Reconstructions now in ...
  A: Thomas, The short answer is yes this could be the major contributing factor as to why you are ...
rib/back pain10/28/2010
  Q: I am 53, basically healthy and active female that has been seeing the same chiropractor for ...
  A: Sandra, Could you supply me with more info on the rib pain? Where is the rib pain? Does it stay in ...
Chronic Arm Pain10/19/2010
  Q: For 11 months I have been experiencing intense arm pain, starting in the wrist and now to the ...
  A: Christale, Sounds like you were off to a good start. It is absolutely true that you can have good ...
displaced fracture 1st rib10/13/2010
  Q: I discovered yesterday that some 22 years ago I fractured my right clavicle (medial end), 1st rib ...
  A: Paul, My step son actually broke his transverse process in a ATV accident. Upon Hearing this I ...
Chronic Neck Pain10/12/2010
  Q: My question concerns my Dad. He is 66 and has over 15 surgeries in the last 30 yrs, mainly on his ...
  A: Megan, Actually chiropractic was discovered by DD Palmer over a hundred years ago by adjusting ...
scapula instabiliity10/9/2010
  Q: slight scolosis about 9 degrees in a one big mild c the curve turns into the right shoulder spina ...
  A: J, From your description I suspect the problem comes from the nerves that exit your upper thoracic ...
Pain in sacrum10/5/2010
  Q: I am 55 and have scoliosis. Previously I have not had pain from this problem. Six months ago I ...
  A: Kel, First and foremost stay away from that machine! But there are a hundred exercises that can ...
Myofascial Pain Syndrome9/30/2010
  Q: I fell at work 31 days ago. Since then I have had a chronic headache and pain in between my shoulder ...
  A: Chris, I am not licensed to dispense medication and therefore I cannot tell you to take medication ...
Neck pain9/25/2010
  Q: So it all started about a month ago give a few days. I slept in a different bed then I usually do ...
  A: Krista, I would encourage you to get a more thorough examination and work up of your neck pain. I ...
genu recurvatum9/23/2010
  Q: i was rejected in medical test in armed forces due to genu recurvatum, can you please physical ...
  A: Ganesh, A true Genu Recurvatum is almost always a permanent condition and there are no exercises ...
Chiropractors9/14/2010
  Q: I started to suffer from lower back pain a few years ago but only when walking slowly with my 85 yr ...
  A: Christine, If you suffered damage to Just the Hamstrings they should be getting progressively ...
chronic neck pain after an adjustment9/11/2010
  Q: I went to the chiropractor yesterday and after viewing my xrays he adjusted my neck even though I ...
  A: Jill, Anything is possible in this senario. Can you tell me some more information concerning your ...
pins and needles9/10/2010
  Q: In early Aug. I began seeing a chiropractor for VERY slight pins in needles I noticed ocassionally ...
  A: Claire if your mri came back normal then you more than likely do not have any disc problems. I would ...
consultancy9/8/2010
  Q: I had harsh pains on my back bone when I did an x-rays I found the following - Straightening of the ...
  A: AH Here are my comments in capitol letters: - Straightening of the lumbar spine is noted ...
Chiropractors9/4/2010
  Q: Had treatment for lower back pain & migraines, things improved until treatment was started on my ...
  A: Christine, Please describe the treatment you received from the chiropractor on all visits. Please ...
1 year old spine8/23/2010
  Q: My 1 yr old baby girl was born with pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency (brain damage)and she is just ...
  A: Rosa, Would you please send me more information about the pregnancy, how you felt during the nine ...
Rib subluxation7/29/2010
  Q: I used to work a job where I engaged in heavy repetitive lifting.I notices in my mid back area a ...
  A: Rick, It is very hard to see a rib subluxation and Medical Doctors are not trained to look for them ...
Rib Cage Pain7/26/2010
  Q: I have an unusual question that I can't find any help on yet. My rib cage on both sides all around ...
  A: Denise, It is my opinion that you have more than one thing going on with your health. Both ...
coccyx pain7/17/2010
  Q: i suffered a fracture of the sacral area, i am still in constant pain around the coccyx area, i have ...
  A: Michelle, A subluxated or mis-aligned Coccyx can definitely be bothersome and could be the root ...
I need serious help understanding MRI Report of Lumbar Spine7/13/2010
  Q: I had an MRI of the Lumbar Spine June 30, 2010. I just received a copy of the report and I dont ...
  A: Ksha, Below I have changed the findings from doctor speak to patient understanding Findings: No ...
spine7/11/2010
  Q: I have spondgylosis in the neck and lower spone aswell as ddd in lower spine, I have had some ...
  A: Tulip' I would suggest you look into Manipulation under Anesthesia (MUA). This is where you will ...
Shoulder pain, INR,Fever, Pass out7/4/2010
  Q: I am 44., on wairfern for 5 years because of TVT and PE., last week Inr was 4.4; Have been had ...
  A: Anna, It is my opinion you have two different conditions and you should seek medical ...
Jaw displacement7/2/2010
  Q: I would love some advice on how how serious my condition is and where to go. I think I'm suffering ...
  A: Marcus, Your condition is a serious one to say the least! I have seen several cases where the jaw ...
subluxation degeneration7/1/2010
  Q: I have been going to the chiropracter for about two years now, this being the third chiropractor, ...
  A: Sergio, I think one of the best devices is called the posture pump and you need to know they make ...
pinched nerve6/30/2010
  Q: While I was pregnant a year ago I put too much strain on my back resulting in a muscle spasm they ...
  A: Rachel, I am sorry to hear of your predicamant. It is a serious one at that! From the symptoms you ...
wrist pain6/22/2010
  Q: I have severe pain in my left wrist.As I rotate my arm counter-clockwise something feels as if it is ...
  A: Nigel, It seems that you have a bio mechanical problem that is affecting your wrist and the two ...
neck popping6/22/2010
  Q: I had a posterior fossa decompression surgery on 10-16-08 for a chiari malformation. I've had ...
  A: Elizabeth, I would suggest a set of regular films, MRI and a cineradiography which are xrays of ...
back pain & headache/migraine6/16/2010
  Q: I've had back pain since '03 due to the fall and hurt myself on the blow up jumping and going ...
  A: AmberLee, First and foremost it is excellent that your MRIs are negative! That means you have no ...
undiagnosed6/11/2010
  Q: a few years ago i did some weird neck/head/arm stretch. i felt weird warm flushes throughout my body ...
  A: Tina, You more than likely have a Subluxation of your C1 vertebra that may be causing all of or ...
back issues6/8/2010
  Q: "im 15 years and i have just been told by the physio that i have no curve at my lower back also i ...
  A: Suzy, I certainly hope you can get to a chiropractor in the country where you live. I think it ...
leg pain5/24/2010
  Q: I have been having an aching pain in buttocks/leg/down to feet--mostly back of both legs. It ...
  A: Amber, You would do well to see a chiropractor for this condition. What you are describing is a ...
Info about what is going on in the brain5/21/2010
  Q: Someone in my family has just been in a head on collision and are now in a coma. I want to know more ...
  A: I am very sorry to hear of your family members predicament. I would need more information to answer ...
Meralgia Paresthetica for over 10 years4/20/2010
  Q: , I'm sure I've had MP for over the past 10 years. I'm 36 years old now and seem to remember when I ...
  A: Of particular interest to me is the fact that when you try to stretch the tight hip flexors your ...
Chronic headaches and neck/back pain4/19/2010
  Q: I was wondering if you could suggest perhaps if I am doing the right thing or if I should try see a ...
  A: Megan, I would get a second chiropractic opinion. Try to find a chiropractic neurologist who ...
Neck injury from a falling object3/30/2010
  Q: About a year and a half ago a big object fell on my head. I have had a session of neck injections as ...
  A: Rick, You didn't really send me any information on xray or MRI results? What is your diagnosis? Did ...
Back rib pain3/23/2010
  Q: I went to the MDs a few weeks back and c/o right lower rib pain in the back..she did an Xray and it ...
  A: Tara, Just so you know the "Normal" means there are no tumors, fractures, or dislocations! That's a ...
Pinched Nerve in the Neck3/16/2010
  Q: I was diagnosed with a pinch nerve in the neck caused by "bone spurs from degenerative arthritis"... ...
  A: Barbra, i would like you to know that going to a pain clinic may be a necessary evil but I do admit ...
SI Joint Issues and Chiropractic Care3/16/2010
  Q: I have been dealing with constant low back pain for a little more than a year now. After being sick ...
  A: Jess, The flare up you speak of is quite common with the first few adjustments. Please discuss this ...
Dizziness3/14/2010
  Q: I was rear-ended two times within a year and a half. I never went to the emergency room. For almost ...
  A: Lauren, I am sorry to learn of your situation. You did not mention Chiropractic so I am assuming ...
lower back pain3/5/2010
  Q: what does this mean, At L5-S1 there is a small to moderate sized broad based right paremedian to ...
  A: Bradley, Here is the explanation: At L5-S1 there is a small to moderate sized broad based right ...
rib subluxation?3/3/2010
  Q: I would like to describe my situation and hope to get an advise from you. Being 32 weeks pregnant, I ...
  A: Ella, I am very sorry to hear of your situation. Right now you are secreting a hormone called ...
Neck Slip Disc2/28/2010
  Q: , I have had a slip disc of the neck which is giving me partial numbness in my right hand ...
  A: I would suggest that you find a chiropractor who employs Spinal Decompression. This is a specialty ...
Terrible Muscle Tension2/26/2010
  Q: How are you? I get terrible tense muscles in the head and behind the eyes. This last all day and its ...
  A: Peter, You more than likely have a subluxation of your C1/C2 vertebrae in the upper most part of ...
cervicogenic headaches2/23/2010
  Q: I asked another Chiropracter here this question and he couldn't answer, which I don't understand, I ...
  A: Lee, I would like to answer this question for you. The Cervicogenic headache is best described if ...
aching neck and shoulders2/20/2010
  Q: I have been going to the chiropractor 2X a week for the past 5 weeks because of chronic neck and ...
  A: Sharon, I apologize if you did not receive my previous answer..so if this is a duplicate answer ...
Neck Pain2/19/2010
  Q: I was diagnosed with mild degenerative disc disease via x-ray in April 2009. The last few months, I ...
  A: Michelle, If your DDD is mild you would benefit from Chiropractic care. I suggest you seek the ...
17 year old with pains at base of skull2/19/2010
  Q: I am 17 years old. For about 5 years now I have had pains at the base of my skull connecting to the ...
  A: Angela, I do believe that this is something that should be looked into. I really can't answer your ...
Headache at the base of head2/18/2010
  Q: Quackenbush, My name is Nicole and I talked with you earlier about my SI joint. I went to a ...
  A: Nicole, Hello again!! I would like to say good to hear from you but I feel for you. Nicole did you ...
very bad hip pain and tail bone2/16/2010
  Q: my name is Shannon.I was hit from behind and went off the highway into a tree in 2007.I am in pain ...
  A: Shannon, I am sorry to hear of your health issues. I can only assume you went to the ER or a GP ...
Hi!2/12/2010
  Q: My boyfriend has had some pretty awful pain for the past 5 years and refuses to go to the doctor or ...
  A: Sarah, Thank God for the women in the world!! I am glad you contacted me. It seems you have a very ...
CTS & chronic cervical radiculopathy2/11/2010
  Q: I suffered a nasty fall onto a concrete floor in 1997 and damaged my left (dominant) hand and wrist. ...
  A: Lesley, I am very sorry to hear of your health situation. I opine that you have pretty much ...
Chronic Back pain and bppv.2/3/2010
  Q: I have had chronic pain in my back for about 8-10 years and milder pain before that. It goes from my ...
  A: Jonathan, I am sorry to hear of your health issues. I am always asked if it is a bad thing to crack ...
Pinched elbow nerve2/3/2010
  Q: I've been working out 5-6 days a week now for almost 2 months. I started noticing my arms would ...
  A: Tyler, First and foremost if you are working out 5-6 days per week you are in risk of over ...
twisted back1/28/2010
  Q: i was at work 2 days ago in a Nursery when a child hit my back hard with his head, that night my ...
  A: Laura, From your description a "twisted back" means one or more of your vertebra in your neck ...
Pain!1/27/2010
  Q: A couple of weeks ago I woke up and my wrist hurt. Later I noticed muscle aches in my forearm to my ...
  A: Rest assured it is OK to be weary of left arm pain. However it is unlikely a heart problem. Get your ...
MRI Findings.1/27/2010
  Q: I am 28 and I have been dealing with Vitamin D defficency and Fibromyalgia for two years now. I ...
  A: Erin, It is my opinion that Fibromyalgia is a real disease and should be treated neurologically ...
joint pain & reverse curving of the neck1/25/2010
  Q: first off I appreciate you being a part of this site.ok so I am 25 yr old female. I have reverse ...
  A: Dawn, You do have a very serious situation at hand. The reversal of your cervical curve is quite ...
Sacralization1/22/2010
  Q: I have been to family Doctor, pain management specialist, and physical therapy, but I still have ...
  A: Sean, This is a tough situation to be in. Sacralization can mean several things and without seeing ...
herniated disc1/17/2010
  Q: My chiropractor said I have a herniated disc which I did at work on Thursday. He adjusted me and ...
  A: Seth, Every case is different especially when it comes to herniated discs. There are so many factors ...
Scoliosis / Irritable bowel syndrome1/11/2010
  Q: John, I'm a 5'6", 135 lbs., 44 yr old, very physically fit, mother of two adult children. I ...
  A: Pierrette, Considering your question I think you are definitely a candidate for a chiropractic work ...
Meralgia Paresthetica1/10/2010
  Q: I am a 40 year old physician (radiologist) that knows for sure that I have Meraglia Paresthetica in ...
  A: Ken, I am happy to make some suggestions in your case. First and foremost you definitely will need ...
treatment for curved neck and back pain1/9/2010
  Q: i m 25 years old and my shoulders are not leveled. There is also a curve in my neck due to which ...
  A: Kuldeep, First and foremost I am assuming the picture you sent is just a picture and not your true ...
Wrist Pain, Hand, Numb Fingers1/5/2010
  Q: I would really appreciate your opinion. For the last 5-7 months I have been dealing with 24/7 pain ...
  A: Brian, I am sorry to hear of your situation but the best thing you are doing is to go to the ...
SI joint Adjustment1/2/2010
  Q: Dr. Quackenbush, I do not have the results of the MRI on hand, just the films. I believe that it ...
  A: Nicole, I will return your call. I do not think this will get better on it's own given the ...
Ear, neck, shoulder pain....1/1/2010
  Q: What is the possible cause of the following symptoms & what type of doctor should I be seeing for ...
  A: Debbie, I would start with a Chiropractor. Most of what you describe is what Chiropractors deal ...
SI joint Adjustment12/27/2009
  Q: Can you explain to me the risks of an aggressive SI joint adjustment? Besides a severe ligament ...
  A: Nicole, I don't think that the SI Joint was damaged unless you let an 800 lb gorilla adjust you. I ...
skull ache12/22/2009
  Q: sir. i was suffering from a neck ache sinnce a week. had a x-ray done. da findings were of a muscle ...
  A: Akash, From the description in your question it is possible that you have a subluxation in your ...
Possible Nerve Damage??12/16/2009
  Q: I've seen the doctor a couple of times, first i got muscle relaxers, and i finally got blood drawn ...
  A: Jady, I do not think you have simple case of nerve damage. The description you give seems that your ...
Manubrium Srenum Pain12/13/2009
  Q: I have terrible pain in in the manubrium sternum area with movement, deep breathing, and pressing on ...
  A: Sharon, The issue of your sternum could in fact be related to your fibromyalgia. It may not be just ...
sore wrists and shoulders12/12/2009
  Q: will a pinched nerve in my neck caused by jamming my neck in a fall cause a pain in both my wrists ...
  A: Bill, This is a yes and no type answer. If in fact you do have pinched nerves in your neck it can ...
Symptoms related to back and neck injuries12/7/2009
  Q: I am a 37 yr old female I've had a few injuries in my time(a fall skiing, a fall off a horse and a ...
  A: Jacqui, I am happy to hear of your good results with your chiropractor(s) and I hope you continue ...
MRI INTERPERTATION11/25/2009
  Q: I fell about 4 months ago and im in horrible pain I got my MRI results I just don't understand them ...
  A: Angela, I am very sorry to hear of your situation. I hope the following will help. As far as your ...
Effectiveness of Chiropractic Treatment (specific dx)11/20/2009
  Q: I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, osteo-arthritis, and lumbar spondylosis. I have significant ...
  A: Kelly, I think it is important that you understand that traditional medicine has little to offer ...
Chronic Neck Pain11/13/2009
  Q: Last year while working as a massage therapist I experienced a consistant shooting pain on the top ...
  A: Heather, It is possible that you have more than just the disc protrusion. However it seems to me ...
chronic low back pain11/11/2009
  Q: For over a year now I've been having low back pain. Mostly when I sit down for a long time. Over ...
  A: Rhonda, First and foremost I am sorry to hear of your loss. I do believe that a miscarriage is a ...
Lower Back Pain11/8/2009
  Q: I have been having lower back pain,and pain shooting through both legs sometimes. My MRI Report ...
  A: Able, You actually have more than one health issue. Obviously the facet swelling is a sigh that you ...
disc problems11/5/2009
  Q: I have had an mri about a year ago and it showed bulging discs on multiple locations and that i had ...
  A: First and foremost you have serious health issues with the combination of all three you should seek ...
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS10/30/2009
  Q: My daughter wrote: MS is based on inflammation in the body which is caused by the poor conductivity ...
  A: I would like to answer this question but it is not as simple as a yes or a no answer. I do believe ...
prolonged calf pain10/17/2009
  Q: For over a year now I have had a "knot" type pain in my right calf. It is tender to the touch. The ...
  A: Sue, I am sorry to hear you are suffering for so long with this calf pain. It seems you have had ...
Low back and Leg pain10/14/2009
  Q: Had a total Knee Replacement 10 1/2 years ago. In the last year the burning in that thigh has ...
  A: Chris, Sounds like you are in a very tough situation. First I don't think the knee replacement is ...
Median Nerve10/11/2009
  Q: Near my left shoulder blade I feel as though I have a pinched nerve. My left thumb, forefinger, and ...
  A: Jason, I feel you have hit the nail on the head! I agree with you it does appear that the symptoms ...
rib pain10/9/2009
  Q: I have be getting a sharp pain under the right side of the floating rib, went to a phsio guy and he ...
  A: Darren, Certain weight lifting postures can cause trouble with the ribs. You definitely need an x ...
pain in my arm bone10/8/2009
  Q: about 2 months ago while i was washing the dishes, a heavy crystal bowl fell down on my arm from a ...
  A: Ouch that must have hurt. You would need to rule out any "bone" brusing that may have occurred. The ...
Pain in right side under ribs10/7/2009
  Q: I am 22 years old. I noticed for the last week and a half my lymph nodes in the groin on the left ...
  A: Courtney, The way this question is posed it is my advice that you get medical attention right away. ...
right rib pain10/6/2009
  Q: After falling down 2 flights I am left with radiculapathy of the L4L5 chronic neck and back pain a ...
  A: Annette Obviously you have been through a very traumatic incident/accident and have suffered with ...
BACK PAIN9/30/2009
  Q: ABOUT A MONTH AGO I SUFFERED FROM MUSCLE SPASMS DOWN MY LEFT SIDE OF MY BACK,I NOW HAVE A VERY SORE ...
  A: You more than likely are suffering from a common ailment called Subluxation which means one or more ...
Nerve regeration/foot drop9/29/2009
  Q: I am 36 years and 4 days old(still getting used to the 36 bit :-) ) I had a full ceramic hip ...
  A: This is avery complicated question and really my opinion can't be taken for medical advice because I ...
Leg9/24/2009
  Q: My name is Christina I'm 26yrs of age and for these past few weeks my left calf has been numb to the ...
  A: It's highly doubtful that your calf problem has come to fruition because of a stroke. You more than ...
Bulge on the back of my neck9/24/2009
  Q: Years ago I had a Chiropractor tell me that my neck was completely straight, that it was probably an ...
  A: Donna, Please realize that you are describing a very serious condition that needs immediate ...
Chronic aching9/23/2009
  Q: Is it possible at 34 years of age and without an injury to be suffering from severe arthritis? My ...
  A: First and foremost if you have arthritis it would show up on your x-rays. I understand that you have ...
military neck9/20/2009
  Q: I have a hypolordosis of the neck. I have been struggling with terrible neck and upper back pain, ...
  A: First Military neck is more prevalent than most people would believe so you are not the only one who ...

All Questions in This Category

Chiropractors

John Quackenbush DC

Top Expert on this page