Chiropractors/Questions Answered by Expert Dr. Nekessa Remy

SubjectDate Asked
Exercise Routine Between Adjustments1/10/2015
  Q: I was having pain in my upper back and shoulders. I do see a Chiropractor once a month for an ...
  A: Your primary are physician is right. Adjustments are great to relieve stress and tension in the ...
ruptured distal bicep surgery recovery1/10/2015
  Q: I am 7 weeks post op from 2 incision ruptured bicep surgery/repair. Since my surgery I've had ...
  A: 1. yes you should be starting physio as soon as possible. Physio will help to address the pain and ...
Chronic pain1/15/2014
  Q: Nekessa Remy, I have been suffering from chronic pain since 2008. I don't know what brought it on, ...
  A: At this point because you have been to so many health care professionals I am not sure if I have ...
Back pain/spasms12/20/2013
  Q: I don't know if you can help me but I figure you're a good place to start. Since May long weekend of ...
  A: To start I would recommend consulting with a doctor instead of turning to Google to find answers. ...
rib injury3/2/2012
  Q: im a 35 yr old male, who injured my left side of my rib area,about half way down my ribs, right on ...
  A: I would advise that you get your lungs assessed. The gassy sound is not normal at all. I understand ...
Pain occuring in my Deltoid Muscle2/29/2012
  Q: I am hoping for a little help here. I guess i should start with abit of history. I am, were, what ...
  A: It is hard to give a diagnosis without examining you myself. Your injury may involve the deltoid ...
pain pattern11/11/2011
  Q: i have quite a serious back problem with stuff such as slight 9 degrees scolosis 3 prolapsed discs ...
  A: To start each disc prolapse does have a specific referral pattern. L3-4 - the L4 nerve is affected ...
strange symptoms after chiropractor visit5/11/2011
  Q: I went about 4 days ago to see a chiropractor because I was having shoulder and Arm pit pain he said ...
  A: I think you are doing the right thing by visiting your MD. I also think you should get in contact ...
back and neck pain with headache lasted over 4 months1/18/2011
  Q: I have had headaches on and off multiple times a day for the last four months. I've gone to the ...
  A: I am having difficulty understanding your x-ray findings. If your headaches are due to a structural ...
Annular tears1/13/2011
  Q: I have a Annular tears in my spain ,I have been getting shot's for months now I shave serious lower ...
  A: What kind of shots are you receiving? Do you have numbness into the leg or legs? Any changes in ...
mid-spine pain1/9/2011
  Q: My mid-spine hurts whenever I do back bends in yoga. My upper and lower spine are totally fine and ...
  A: It would be hard to diagnose you without doing a complete physical exam. My suggestion to you is to ...
damaged ribs1/1/2011
  Q: 5days Ago,i turned in my seat in the car and my ribs touched the back support and it felt likr my ...
  A: Please do not only rely on the internet for medical advise. You should always consult with an MD ...
Having tons of issues.9/15/2010
  Q: Well, when I was 14-15 yrs old I got ran over by a deer. Not in a car, but on my bike. I've been ...
  A: I am sorry to hear to about your accident. It sounds like you should be seeking medical treatment. ...
consultancy9/8/2010
  Q: I had harsh pains on my back bone when I did an x-rays I found the following - Straightening of the ...
  A: This is not a dangerous condition and you do not have a paravertebral spasm. If you did have a true ...
Spondylothesis Treatment/Prevention9/2/2010
  Q: I am currently 19 years old and was diagnosed with spondylothesis at age 14. I am unsure of the ...
  A: Any high impact activity can cause damage to your spine. Yes, having a spondylothesis does put you ...
How to Sit4/26/2010
  Q: I woke up 2 weeks ago with severe lower back pain. It feels like extreme muscle spasms to me, right ...
  A: If this is indeed a sacroiliac joint issue, then you may want to talk to your doctor about ...
mid back pain4/22/2010
  Q: I regularly exercise by going running and at the end of a session i warm down and undertake some ...
  A: To give you a definitive answer I would need to examine you myself. You may have injured a rib, as ...
collarbone problem?4/20/2010
  Q: I always have this really weird pain behind my leftside collarbone like in my chest to my shoulder ...
  A: I would advise having it checked out. You want to be certain that the joints of the clavicle (collar ...
belt4/13/2010
  Q: I am a 51 year old guy. I have always had a very pronounced abdomen, possibly from years of not ...
  A: These types of belts provide passive stability, which means that your muscles aren't working to ...
manipulation and retinal detachment4/13/2010
  Q: I was told that there are certain techniques that should not be used if you have had a retinal ...
  A: I have not heard of any specific cases of manipulations causing retinal detachment. There are a ...
costochondritis4/10/2010
  Q: yrs ago i had a friend pick me up and hug me and this sent me to the moon in such pain. i heard a ...
  A: Costochondritis is inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone/sternum. It ...
Numbness in left pinky finger and in left hip4/6/2010
  Q: for the past 2 months I have had a numbness that comes and goes in my left pinky finger. I read ...
  A: Smoking does indeed effect the circulatory system and inturn can effect your nerves. Numbness in ...
Hip poping, joint pain and more12/10/2009
  Q: At about 13 years old I noticed that I had a awkward hip poping. It usualy happened when I walked or ...
  A: Arthritis is a possibility but you need x-rays to confirm this. Osteoarthritis is more likely that ...
Lower Back Fatigue12/8/2009
  Q: Here's my situation, do you have any possible advice? I have been experiencing fatigue with my ...
  A: I don't know what exercises you are doing for your lower back, but if they include using the Roman ...
back pain12/8/2009
  Q: hello i was in a car accident and quad accident about 7 months ago and after these i was starting to ...
  A: You should get xrays taken of your back to rule out any joint abnormalities. If the drop piece ...
related symptoms to neck/ back problems12/7/2009
  Q: I am a 37 yr old female I've had a few injuries in my time(a fall skiing, a fall off a horse and a ...
  A: Does your current treatment address these issues? Chiropractic can definetely help with your ...
Ulnar nerve palsy IVIG12/6/2009
  Q: Ramy.... I'm 35 female ..I have been recently diagnosed with Ulnar nerve palsy left arm and severe ...
  A: I would recommend treatment. I am not sure exactly where your nerve is being entrapped or impinged, ...
MRI results...need help knowing what it means!!12/3/2009
  Q: I just got my MRI results and was wondering if you could interprete them for me or tell me what they ...
  A: It appears that you have a disc herniation within your lumbar spine (at the L4-5 verterbra), the ...
Over Adjusting12/3/2009
  Q: I've suffered with migraines for 10 years and just started getting chiropractic adjustments 4 months ...
  A: It is my clinical opinion that there is no condition that requires adjusting 3-4 times per week for ...
Shoulder pain from benching12/1/2009
  Q: I have developed a rather debilitating pain when I bench. Currently when stationary there is a very ...
  A: Hey Joe You could have a tendonitis or impingement of one of your tendons of the rotator cuff ...
Pain when lying flat11/30/2009
  Q: I am a thirty year old, healthy individual with no kids. At the end of August, I had my first ...
  A: I would recommend that you concentrate building your core strength. This will improve your pelvic ...
lumpy neck and sore ears11/27/2009
  Q: it started 1-2 days ago when i noticed that i was having a lot of discomfort in my jaw and my throat ...
  A: You may be suffering from swollen lymphnodes in the neck region. There are several lymph nodes ...
genua valga11/26/2009
  Q: Nekessa Remy, My name is Khusi from Holland. I hope you can help me with my big problem. The problem ...
  A: I am sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunetly genu valga is a structural condition, there ...
MRI INTERPERTATION11/25/2009
  Q: I fell about 4 months ago and im in horrible pain I got my MRI results I just don't understand them ...
  A: The most significant finding is that at L3-4 or your 3rd and 4th lumbar verterbra. The MRI found ...
arm pain and finger numbness11/19/2009
  Q: i have recently been waking up with severe pain in my forearms and numbness in my middle and ...
  A: It's difficult to determine what is causing your pain without knowing a full history of your current ...
Tricep Injury11/17/2009
  Q: On September 30th I hit my elbow on a door hinge(hard), and that night my right hand and lower arm ...
  A: At this point there are no tests that will give you any more helpful information. An MRI could ...
neck pain11/12/2009
  Q: Recently i have had some neck pain just at the lower part of my neck. i also have some times when my ...
  A: Chiropractic can help you manage your current symptoms. Computer work is one of the most common ...
neck problem11/9/2009
  Q: i just had an Mr of my neck,the report says i have straightening of the cervical lordosis,multi ...
  A: I am not sure what your question is. Based on your MRI results I would advise you consult with your ...
Sciatica nerve 2nd opinion11/9/2009
  Q: Recently went through a sciatica flare up that was brutal my worst to date, i dont have a family ...
  A: Hey Mike, To start, the medication you were prescribed does NOT cure sciatica, it simply masks the ...
neck11/6/2009
  Q: After my last two neck adjustments, I got an INTENSE shooting pain down my left arm from underneath ...
  A: INTENSE pain is not a normal reaction after spinal manipulation. You may have a condition that ...
Hip numbness11/4/2009
  Q: wonder if you can help. I quite often wake in the night with a feeling on numbness or pain in my hip ...
  A: It is very difficult to diagnose a condition without conducting a physical examination. I would ...
Pectoral muscle pain11/3/2009
  Q: I have been experiencing pain in my right pectoral muscle for approximately 3 or so months now. I ...
  A: The ultrasound is a good idea to rule out any underlying shoulder or pectoral injuries. Have you had ...
SI Joint Problems10/27/2009
  Q: In July I went to a chiropractor for the first time because I was experiencing sciatica in my right ...
  A: I am not sure what type of adjustment was done to your hip therefore I can't definetivley determine ...
cervical spine10/26/2009
  Q: My father got into an accident January of this year I posted a question earlier but due to character ...
  A: First of all, the injuries described in this MRI are most likely not due to the car accident. ...
neck problems10/24/2009
  Q: My dad just recently had pains in both the neck and back. He says that the pain in the back has ...
  A: Without performing an actual examination, I am not able to provide you with a definitive answer. I ...
Dull knee pain10/21/2009
  Q: Hey there, Several years ago I partially tore my MCL in my knee playing soccer. I went through ...
  A: Hey David. According to your MRI findings it sounds like you may suffer from knee instability. ...
feet10/15/2009
  Q: I jogged 25 minutes with no shoes on. The next day my feet are tingling and itchy. What is wrong?
  A: Unfortunately itchiness and tingling are not symptoms specific to one condition. The most common ...

All Questions in This Category

Chiropractors

Dr. Nekessa Remy

Top Expert on this page