Chiropractors/Questions Answered by Expert David Kulla, DC

SubjectDate Asked
worried about chiroprator treatment cracking lower back when not needed1/13/2013
  Q: I was insistent I dint have any lower back pain at all so was surprised after the assessment he ...
  A: Greatoften times the lower back is out of alignment and directly related to your neck misalignment. ...
Disc fusion1/4/2013
  Q: I have a serious disc degeneration at L5. It has been recommended to either get disc fused or let ...
  A: Currently there are surgeries that replace the disc with a fake or titanium disc. It is not ...
patient back pain massage chairs11/14/2012
  Q: my dad has back pain, and two of his disks are dislocated, what type of massage chairs do you ...
  A: i dont recommend massage chairs for someone with herniated discs without examining them. i ...
In need of help10/28/2012
  Q: Greetings Sir, I'm writing this and seeking information because I've ran out of options anymore to ...
  A: yes your symptoms are very familiar. If you have pain during inhalation then it is a clearly a rib ...
disc protrusion at the L5/S1 disc10/23/2012
  Q: My clinical view: Strong pain in the right leg only during some activities (bending or sitting for ...
  A: If you are only doing laser, electrostim and exercises it will take a long time. The problem is a ...
hand/armpit pain10/22/2012
  Q: I have been using my left pinky and ring finger aggressively for typing and have developed severe ...
  A: i have a friend named bao, wonder if this is him. THe NSAIDS will only mask your symptoms not fix ...
option treatments for the illness10/21/2012
  Q: i got a pain that started from my back and radiates to right buttock, hip, leg and toes. i had this ...
  A: your best option is chiropractic care to take pressure off those spinal nerves. Sounds like the ...
Hip pain after giving birth10/18/2012
  Q: A year after having my daughter I was on the computer for almost 8 hours straight. My back usually ...
  A: First of all is he releasing your psoas muscle??? its a muscle in the front and can only be released ...
Pain after going to chiropractor10/16/2012
  Q: I was in an accident in 2009, shortly after that the lower back pain began. An X-ray showed I had ...
  A: I understand your concern. Having pain shooting into the legs is not a good sign. He should have ...
Given me Guidance10/9/2012
  Q: I fall down and got some injured in spine But till date don't get the right solution for my pain. My ...
  A: most likely you have misaligned a vertebra in your back and it needs to be checked and corrected. ...
thigh pain10/4/2012
  Q: I have had two episodes of sacroiliac dysfunction. The first time I had it manipulated, about two ...
  A: I cannot give you adivce on whether or not to stretch it or what to do exactly because you haven't ...
Disc Herniation in C5-610/3/2012
  Q: At 32 I noticed that I had been having progressively worse neck pain and stiffness for several ...
  A: great questions, you would be surprised at some of the questions we get with absolutely NO ...
Help me to understand MRI results8/22/2012
  Q: The foramina are patent on both sides. Straightened lumbar lordosis is seen. L1-2 and L2-3: No disc ...
  A: it is very tough to explain an mri in detail when i realy don't know your medical knowledge or ...
AC Joint Bump8/19/2012
  Q: 140lbs 6% body fat. All my life I've had boney bumps where the AC joint is on my shoulders. My ...
  A: Most of us that are thin have ac joints that show. my AC joint sticks out and i have no shoulder ...
Should I see a chiropractor?8/7/2012
  Q: I am a 21 year old very healthy woman. I was having migraines and my doctor noticed the tension in ...
  A: he is right when your nervous system is not in alignment it will shorten yourlife over time slowly. ...
Knee and Hip Pain8/6/2012
  Q: Dr. Kulla, I am a 19 year old college soccer player. I've been noticing a more frequent and ...
  A: he is right. given your history of multiple fractures i would have an x ray done first , then mri if ...
numbness in hand,fingers, and arm8/1/2012
  Q: I read the question and answer you posted to see a chiropractor to help heal the numbness in ...
  A: An MRI will tell you whether or not the disc is bulged, herniated or normal. Surgery depends on the ...
Regular cracking / popping sound in shoulderr7/28/2012
  Q: I have a question and it has been going on for 3-4 years now. Kindly note that this did not happen ...
  A: You may have a slight clavicle or shoulder misalignment. It could also be tight muscles rubbing ...
MRI Cervical Spine7/27/2012
  Q: I would like some advice please on what the findings of a cervical MRI are: The vertebral alignment ...
  A: The focal matter appearing is the nothing. It's only stating that there was an abnormality visible. ...
Functional Scoliosis Diagnosis7/18/2012
  Q: I would greatly appreciate any help you could give to me. I see a chiropractor for a tense and achy ...
  A: Your chiropractor should be helping you with this problem. Scoliosis typically develops at the age ...
Forearm tendonitis7/14/2012
  Q: I am experiencing a very annoying and bad case of forearm tendonitis. I have been struggling with ...
  A: There are two types of tendinitis in the forearm. Tennis elbow (outside of the elbow pain) and ...
SI-Joint Options7/12/2012
  Q: 3 months ago I separated my SI Joint on both sides. The Medical care in my area is quite limited. ...
  A: Surgery may not be the best option here. First; how was si joint separation diagnosed? Surely not ...
curve in spine in neck7/3/2012
  Q: I had a lot of tests from a lumber puncture to neck scan. Then the hospital told me i have a curve ...
  A: your headaches are tension headaches caused by increased muscular tension in the back of the neck. ...
Numbness6/28/2012
  Q: I am seeing a chiropractor for a worker's compensation injury to my neck leaving me with a bulge ...
  A: It seems he is ignoring your complaints. i would switch chiropractors and have some gentle adjusting ...
Sciatica and Disk Bulge6/24/2012
  Q: I have been stricken with sciatic since the end of March, and it's still going strong. It seems to ...
  A: These things heal at different rates. There is no set time frame , every disc herniation heals on ...
Major back pain and I don't know what to do.6/23/2012
  Q: I have been having back pain since 2006. At that time the spine center I went to gave a series of ...
  A: You are in a tough spot. First ; a laminectomy is a fairly serious surgery and causes a lot of ...
Persistent dull pain in left arm6/22/2012
  Q: I have had intermittent dullness/numbness in my left arm over the past 5 years. The pain is from the ...
  A: It is one of two things Lina. It is either carpal tunnel syndrome or a pinched nerve in the base of ...
sciata pain6/21/2012
  Q: About six weeks ago I started experiencing a tightness and sharp pain in my left upper hip and ...
  A: This isn't something that will just disappear in 4 visits. People want instant relief, I understand ...
personal trainer and chiropractor6/14/2012
  Q: What are some of the maodalties you use and how could I the personal trainer be of value to you?
  A: stephen, Im not sure what you are asking me and why? first of all, if you do not live in nyc you are ...
Numbness and tingling in back6/13/2012
  Q: For the past couple of months I have been getting a numb and tingling feeling in my mid to upper ...
  A: You most likely have a pinched sensory nerve in the upper back. Carry your newborn could aggravate ...
Nerve Pain?6/7/2012
  Q: I have a history of back problems. I was just diagnosed in year ago January with a bulging disk at ...
  A: Pam, It may be something you will deal with on and off for life. A disc herniation is a permanent ...
Numbness on left side of leg6/6/2012
  Q: My name is Lucy I'm 26, for the past month I've had numbness on the left side of my leg, in which i ...
  A: You most likely have a pinched sensory nerve causing the numbness. You can also have a pinched nerve ...
pain on my right last rib6/4/2012
  Q: I started having a pain in my right flank, exactly in one of the last ribs. I feel this pain only If ...
  A: It could be several things. A: do you have scoliosis ? B: did you have trauma or sporting accident ...
Pinched nerved of lower back5/31/2012
  Q: ..A week ago I was diagnosed by an Orthopedist, as having a possible pinched nerve in my lower back. ...
  A: I'm sorry, but your husband is foolish. Medication only masks your symptoms , it doesn't fix ...
Lower back issues5/24/2012
  Q: In 2010 I did yoga for the firs time in college and really felt excruciating pain a few days later. ...
  A: Smart to stop taking muscle relaxers as that only masks your symptoms. Chiropractors will get to the ...
torqued pelvis5/15/2012
  Q: What can I do for this situation? When I awake in the morning I have severe pain in my right hip ...
  A: I don't see why he would send you to physical therapy for a torqued pelvis??? Physical therapists ...
Neck Pain5/8/2012
  Q: I was playing golf the other day and on my first swing of the day I feel like I pulled something in ...
  A: well my guess would be that you are either suffering from a pinched nerve in your neck (thats why ...
Shrinking discs?5/6/2012
  Q: David I am 53, in good general health, although overweight. About three years ago my wife noticed we ...
  A: Several good questions. It is indeed normal for us to shrink over time as we loose water and ...
shoulder injury5/4/2012
  Q: I think I may have a deltoid injury. I originally hurt my right arm about 10 years ago and was ...
  A: I'm not really sure what you are asking me. i can tell you that after surgery or injury to the ...
Ear pain from neck5/1/2012
  Q: I was just seen by an ENT specialist and he told me that my ears were fine and suspects that it is ...
  A: My suggestion to you is to seek out a occipital or upper shoulder massage therapist. Start at 3x a ...
lower back pain4/18/2012
  Q: Went to a friends recommended chiropractor with mild to moderate lower backpain, and after a 15 ...
  A: Wade, It is a strange way to adjust someone. I have never heard of it being done that way either. ...
mri lumbar spine4/15/2012
  Q: I am a 35 year old female. In good health and no prior back pain before i fell in feb of this year. ...
  A: yes this would cause pain down the leg. It can be resolved and afterwards i recommend pilates to ...
Chriopractic Malpractice?4/13/2012
  Q: Here is my situation- I am a 22 y/o female, with DDD in my L4-L5, and L5-S1. My disc between L4-L5 ...
  A: I'm not sure what you mean by "over corrected" your lower back, as there is no such thing. It's ...
Costochondritis3/19/2012
  Q: I have been suffering from costochondritis for about 5 years due to popping my sternum. The top two ...
  A: no most likely they are separate issues. your costochondritis is often times flared up or ...
tingling in top of shoulder with stretching3/16/2012
  Q: I have a lot of tightness in my neck and shoulders, and at therapy they had me stretching my neck, ...
  A: It sounds like you may have over stretched and caused a pinched nerve. You have motor and sensory ...
Interpretation of MRI3/9/2012
  Q: I had an MRI in January 2012. I have Multiple Sclerosis (diagnosed about 8 years ago. I had an ...
  A: It could be a typo , but regardless i would go to your doctor that ordered the mri and have him ...
Back Pain2/28/2012
  Q: Kulla I have suffered from lower back pain for around 5 months now and gone to several ...
  A: sorry to hear your still suffering. A repetitive stress injury from rowing would mean you row only ...
numbness in the face2/23/2012
  Q: I injured my left shoulder in DEC. reaching under a table to retrieve an item I had dropped, I had ...
  A: Yes, this can be caused by a neck injury. You have nerves that exit from your cervical (neck) spine ...
scoliosis2/5/2012
  Q: I am a 26 year old female from India. I have been a yoga enthusiast for years but i recently ...
  A: The X-rays should be taken with arms down by your side. Otherwise, You may have a film that doesn't ...
Disc c6/c7 related2/4/2012
  Q: One month back i felt severe pain in my left hand and i was hospitalised.MRI reveals broad based ...
  A: Several precautions you can take; Stretching your neck and shoulders and if you work on a computer ...
tingling in tip of thumb1/23/2012
  Q: Over New Years i put my neck out and went to my chiropractor and after a few adjustments my neck ...
  A: You have a pinched nerve and could have done it when you initially hurt your neck. It sounds like ...
scapula1/21/2012
  Q: i have many times pain around the scaplua always on my right side. i also have scolosis of only 9 ...
  A: You answered your own question. Scoliosis causes mis alignment of the spine and ribs. It can cause ...
Chest Pain Posture1/17/2012
  Q: Male 40years I seem to have been suffering from chest pains for over 2 years now. Have had 2 trips ...
  A: chris, it is most likely your chostrochondritis acting up again. you probably also have some ribs ...
Numbness in leg and damaged spinal disks: definetely related?12/25/2011
  Q: I am 31 years old. I get a tingling sensation in my left leg, in the outer and front area of the ...
  A: Reading on the Internet is not always the best thing to do. Your numbness into the legs is clearly ...
multi level disc osteophyte12/20/2011
  Q: i recently had an mri..drs were looking for what was causing chorea issues..they found ...
  A: It depends where your involuntary movements are. If they are in your arms, hands, shoulders, neck ...
Brachial Plexus Neuropathy12/14/2011
  Q: Mr. Kulla, I've been suffereing from Branchial Plexus Neuropathy/Long thoracic nerve damage/causing ...
  A: ronnie, your neurologist is correct it is a pinched nerve. An EMG tests the nerve, not the ...
Torticollis12/12/2011
  Q: I have a situation and was wondering if you could help. I have a crooked neck. my head naturally ...
  A: I have encountered this many times. You may just have scoliosis or a mis aligned neck without ...
Piriformis? SI? Buldging Disc?12/7/2011
  Q: I have been battling deep glute/hamstring pain for over a year now. The pain surfaced about 30 days ...
  A: First off: i think you should go back to the 2nd chiropractor and bring your MRI's if possible. It ...
Wait for a scheduled MRI, or go to Emerg?12/2/2011
  Q: one year ago I had my first mri that showed bilateral foraminal narrowing, moderate l4-l5 facet ...
  A: Firrs:The hospital will most likely Give you more medication. Why not call a different MRI facility ...
neck pain, tingling and heat down right arm12/1/2011
  Q: I was in a car accident on August 3 of this year. Severe pain in neck mostly on right side and right ...
  A: Dianne, It's not because of the accident. The accident may have triggered it. That's not what's ...
STANDING AFTER SITTING, HIP PROBLEM11/16/2011
  Q: Kulla, I am a very healthy 66 year old female. Approximately 6 or 7 years ago, I started having some ...
  A: nancy, you may have a hip or pelvic misalignment causing this problem. t6ry this first: stretch ...
neck/back pain with a tingle in my hand11/15/2011
  Q: I am a 37 year old fairly healthy male. I recently began taking a course for 2 weeks where I was ...
  A: dave, You say your doctor ran a carpal tunnel test?? what test? i can't diagnose you online, but ...
Please help11/13/2011
  Q: I am writing you because my wife and I are at our wits end. She gave birth to our son 16 months ago ...
  A: How has it been diagnosed? Was an X-ray taken? Does she have pain when taking a deep breath in? If ...
s i joint10/23/2011
  Q: I fell back on my left foot and twisted to the left with my weight on my left when I went down.I had ...
  A: a physical therapist should never realign your SI joint, never!! they are not licensed to do that ...
bulged disc, pinched nerve10/16/2011
  Q: I was diagnosed with bulged discs in my L4 and L5 area. I have a pinched nerve that for the first ...
  A: kathy, there is no way to know how long it will take. everyone heals at a different pace. you should ...
si joint pain10/13/2011
  Q: I was injured and when i went to fall my body twisted to the left and all my weight landed on my ...
  A: no i am sure you have NOT damaged the nerve and a shot just masks your symptoms. Shame on your ...
ulnar tunnel syndrome10/8/2011
  Q: It's been 6 months now that i got pain in my both hands mostly on the left.By the way i play music ...
  A: you have a few options that are drug free. If you see a chiropractor try to find one that is ...
'Clicking' sound on skull behind ears when pressed or when jumping & moving10/3/2011
  Q: Kulla , and thank you for thanking the time to read and answer my question. I'm 26 years old, a ...
  A: yes, because you have scoliosis you have misaligned vertebrae in the spine and the neck can ...
is this a pinched nerv or what?9/27/2011
  Q: I never had a problem with my body,Im pretty healthy person,but what`s hapened..I had a tension ...
  A: you may want to be checked for MS multiple sclerosis. also, a manipulation at T5 or the neck ...
Low back pain from an injury and tingling9/12/2011
  Q: Kulla, Thanks for taking the time to read my question. I'd appreciate your advise. I am a 31 year ...
  A: that may be something entirely different. i would definitely consult a chiropractor as soon as ...
Sacrum9/9/2011
  Q: I have done a bit of research online on skeletal structure to address the issue that is bothering me ...
  A: I would see a chiropractor and have him/her check out the alignment of your pelvis and sacrum. There ...
MRI of Cervical Spine7/31/2011
  Q: Lately i got my MRI of Cervical spine done. The report shows- 1) C4-C5: Small posteriocentral disc ...
  A: I am not sure if you have chiropractors in india , but you should try it. herniations are permanent ...
Help I am in pain7/29/2011
  Q: My nero surgery is not hopeful at all. He wants surgery he said or I will be in a wheelchair.My ...
  A: there are many other things you should try before surgery. shame on your surgeon for not suggesting ...
Costochondritis7/21/2011
  Q: I am a healthy 21 year old female, 110 lb., 53. Exactly a month ago I did some heavy breathing ...
  A: I treat this condition often. first: you need to have a spinal x ray to see if you have scoliosis ...
bulging disk7/14/2011
  Q: About 6 months ago I was "diagnosed" through MRI with 2 bulging disks (C 5-7). This greatly affected ...
  A: curt, sorry it has taken me awhile to respond. Your infraspinatus is a muscle. all your muscles are ...
Decision for Spine Surgery7/5/2011
  Q: I have pain in my left buttock and the pain is felt upto the left foot. Also half of the left foot ...
  A: I'm not sure who told you bed rest would fix the problem. they were clearly wrong. If you go to a ...
neck problems6/17/2011
  Q: Im 56. year old male and in good health but in my lifetime I have always had bad posture. A few ...
  A: michael, Actually the nerves that exit in between the top 2 vertebrae in your neck go to and ...
stomach problems from hiatal hernia procedure6/12/2011
  Q: is it possible for the stomach to get dislocated? My chiropractor told me he could fix my hiatal ...
  A: I have done that maneuver with success in my office. That's a great question though. I just don't ...
Knee pain and swelling6/5/2011
  Q: I have been having pain in one knee for about two months with the pain increasing in the past month. ...
  A: its important that you lose weight. you are utting a lot of added stress on those joints. i would ...
chest and arm pain5/26/2011
  Q: I'm a healthy 39 y/o male. I have had a history of strange chest, arm ( left mainly, neck and back ...
  A: absolutely scoliosis can cause this problem you are having. you have nerves that eminate from your ...
adjustment ?5/24/2011
  Q: 2 months ago I was in the tub leaning back masterbating really hard (I'm not trying to be ...
  A: well i use cold laser and it is amazing. i am sure you will get relief with chiropractic care alone, ...
whats the best way to treat lumbar and cervical compression5/23/2011
  Q: whats the most cost effective way to detect a comressed disc? Wha'ts the best way to relieve and ...
  A: richie, The most cost effective way to see if your disc is compressed is by x ray, but an mri ...
Burning sensation in tricep5/15/2011
  Q: I'm a 32 year old female. I play softball and I injured my throwing arm 5 years ago. Everytime I ...
  A: It sounds like its muscular to me. An x ray will only look for bone or hard tissue. If you haven't ...
Lower spine cliks when....5/9/2011
  Q: Im male 30 years of age.Whenever i lift my right leg past a certain point,on the way putting my leg ...
  A: it sounds like a pelvic misalignment, that's why you get clicking when you move the hip/ pelvis. you ...
back pain and disk bulging4/24/2011
  Q: I am a 32 year old female.I always got very tired after walking or standing up for a while but ...
  A: ok, first of all physiotherapy only deals with your muscles and is not going to re align the spine ...
smt4/23/2011
  Q: I started having facial numb/tingling with pain in October. I carved a pumpkin, lifted heavy items, ...
  A: you may have a pinched nerve that is not showing up on mri or cat scan. i would see either an upper ...
Numbness in arm and hand4/22/2011
  Q: In August 2010 one day my pinky on my left hand went numb on one side than starting moving to next ...
  A: Michelle, Your problem is extremely clear. They are running those tests because they make money from ...
Did I pop my rib out of place?4/21/2011
  Q: I've been sick for a few days and have been coughing very hard. Today I was standing in my room and ...
  A: it sounds like you have subluxatd(misaligned) a rib. if pain increases when breathing in then thats ...
endplate sclerosis at L5-S14/13/2011
  Q: I was just diagnosed as having degenerative changes in the L5-S1 region with endplate sclerosis. ...
  A: L5-S1 is the last disc or vertebral segment in your lower back, just above your tail bone (sacrum). ...
Cartilage damage4/6/2011
  Q: I have had pain for the past 3 weeks. It started after I did handstands in yoga and I thought I had ...
  A: it may be costo-chondritis. Either way if it is the spine is involved. your ribs attach in the front ...
bulging discs4/4/2011
  Q: I am 44yrs old Female.Back in 2005 after physiotherapy which made the pain much worse and finally ...
  A: wendy, i have sympathy for you. i understand your skepticism. Disc degeneration is permanent, as is ...
Chiropractic care in the elderly4/2/2011
  Q: I don't know if chiropracty can possibly help a friend's mother. She's 81 and has been diagnosed ...
  A: michael , great question. I see several seniors from ages 60-95. I have much more complicated and ...
back pain and how to understand the mri report3/30/2011
  Q: Can you pleae tell me whtat this means? Post surgical changes of a posterior laminectomy and ...
  A: You had laminectomy surgery and now have significant arthritis at those spinal levels operated on. ...
Locked neck3/21/2011
  Q: My boyfriend and i was chatting, he went afk to cook some food and when he came back he said his ...
  A: it may be torticollis or he just has a subluxation of the cervical spine(mis aligned neck bone ...
Pain and constant cracking in lower back3/20/2011
  Q: I was involved in a serious car accident 4 weeks ago today, in where we ended up hitting a tree (in ...
  A: no its not. the cracking has nothing to do with healing. The human body heals naturally, as do ...
illopsoas3/18/2011
  Q: I am convinced of it that the psoas major psoas minor and illacus are responsible in many people ...
  A: great question jii. i think you are so correct. i see so many people with tight Psoas muscles, ...
severe back pain, spasming left tricep and left pec. stressed and depressed!!!3/17/2011
  Q: 3 weeks ago i woke up with severe back pain, physiotherapy loosened up my back and got me more ...
  A: have you had an mri? if not, your chiropractor should have referred you out for that test. You have ...
Need Help Understanding MRI Report of Lumbar Spine WO Contrast3/15/2011
  Q: I just got this report today and my doctor is out of the office for a week. I really want to ...
  A: look at the impression (last paragraph) 1: disc L5-S1 disc displacement to the left with a tear ...
buttock/leg pain3/13/2011
  Q: In October, I began having lower back pain after much heavy lifting. X-ray showed thinning of the ...
  A: You probably do have a disc (herniation or bulge). An mri would be a test done (unless you have ...
Ribcage3/12/2011
  Q: my name is Joe. Recently, I was doing some Teakwondo for a video. I never got punched or kicked ...
  A: joe, you may have flexed your abs even though you didn't get hit. this can cause your already ...
possible cause?3/6/2011
  Q: I have developed tennis elbow, golfers elbow, wrist pain and plantar fascitis all at the same time. ...
  A: the one thing all three conditions have in common are that they are a form of tendonitis. meaning, ...
Low back sprain and feet tingling3/4/2011
  Q: 5 weeks ago I believe I sprained my lower back while lifting material that weighed 8 lbs.with my ...
  A: yes you have a sprain strain, but it sounds like you also have a disc herniation or bulge. Hence the ...
Lumbar Spondylosis and disc prolapse3/2/2011
  Q: I recently had an Xray and was told i have "Anterior lipping on L4 and Disc space L4/L5 & L5/S1 are ...
  A: i always recommend exercise. swimming would be the best form of exercise for you because it is non ...
Wrist and Hand Pain3/1/2011
  Q: Good evening and Thank you for taking the time to read this and give me some idea on what to do or ...
  A: once you have surgery , let alone 2 of them that chanfges the ball game. it will be very hard to ...
chronic hip pain2/24/2011
  Q: hello i have had this pain in my hip for 6 years now it comes and goes if i sit to long over do ...
  A: I see this over and over again. A chiropractor will look at those same x rays much differently. A ...
neck/shoulder pain2/20/2011
  Q: I will try to make this as concise as possible without giving unnecessary details. I am a nursing ...
  A: Samantha, You have a pinched nerve, most likely your brachial plexus. I would consider getting an ...
Chiropractic2/10/2011
  Q: What is the theory/belief behind chiropractic?
  A: ubluxation What is a Subluxation and what does it do to me? First, the simple explanation. ...
lower back, hips, and plantar fiacitis2/5/2011
  Q: Between my lower back, hips and right foot inflamation...I am continually in pain. I don't know if ...
  A: It's possible that by walking awkwardly on your sore foot that you threw your back out. Although, i ...
elbow2/3/2011
  Q: my right elbow is now for the last month hurting quite a bit. i think it was caused at the gym from ...
  A: you didn't tell me where the pain is, nor did you give me a good history or your age, what you do ...
Back Pain1/30/2011
  Q: On Thanksgiving of this year I bent over and had this horrible back pain when I stood up right in ...
  A: The definition of health is not the absence of pain. What i mean by that is: listen to your body. ...
muscle pain in back and arm( left side)1/18/2011
  Q: I have been having tight muscles from my shoulder to my spinal cord, the muscles tighten up so bad, ...
  A: it sounds like you have nerve involvement and that is why the physical therapy didn't help. you may ...
herniated disc12/27/2010
  Q: Kulla, My father who is 50 years old and is a computer engineer, has back pain at the C6 T1 level ...
  A: Yvette, That area is the bottom of your neck ,near where the shoulders meet the neck. Many ...
cranio-vertebral12/11/2010
  Q: I have been experiencing a "popping" that occurs between my neck and my skull. I had ACDF surgery in ...
  A: great questions. I usually get the same questions repeated over and over again without people ...
Back pain12/5/2010
  Q: About a week ago, my friend noticed that my shoulders were uneven, when I got home I looked in the ...
  A: most likely it is scoliosis. you need to see a chiropractor to have it corrected. it takes time so ...
Functional Scoliosis12/3/2010
  Q: Kulla, How long does it take for functional scoliosis to heal? It's been well over 6 months and I ...
  A: great question. my scoliosis took over a year to correct. i saw a chiropractor 2-3 times a week and ...
back and rib cage pain12/2/2010
  Q: I've been having terrible mid back and rib cage pain for the past couple year...I do have scolosis ...
  A: you answered the question already. You have scoliosis! scoliosis causes the spine and ribs to move ...
Dizziness, shoulder/arm pain11/28/2010
  Q: My health issues began at age 23. In mid February 2009 I began suffering from constant dizziness. ...
  A: nicole, i can understand your frustration. from your history and symptoms it seems to me that the ...
Erb Palsy11/22/2010
  Q: At birth I had the misfortune to be a very large baby 11Lbs 6oz, doctor apparently too happy from a ...
  A: my guess is you've had scoliosis for many years and this is recent. There are many causes of ...
cerv neck slip in details11/20/2010
  Q: Do you know exactly how and what/technique massage you should be using to cure a slipped ...
  A: First of all your title is Incorrect. There is no such thing as a slipped disc. Discs don't slip. ...
numbness in various parts of the body11/6/2010
  Q: Kulla, I have been experiencing numbness and pinching on the sides of my thoracic spine and numbness ...
  A: It could be symptoms of MS. You should have some blood work done first and then go from there. If ...
joint problems11/4/2010
  Q: I am 15 years old and latley have been experiancing multable joint popping. My hips, shoulders, and ...
  A: You should try stretching your legs. The back (hamstrings) the front (quadriceps) and the side of ...
anterior deltoid pain11/3/2010
  Q: Dr. Kulla, Hello, my name is David. I am an active 20 year old, involved in running, weightlifting, ...
  A: David, Shoulder injuries are difficult to diagnose , especially over the Internet. My first guess ...
Hip, groin, and calf discomfort11/1/2010
  Q: I'm a 23 year old mother of two. I have a 4 year old, and a 4 month old. I recently began noticing ...
  A: First of all, I'm a bit confused as to how someone could be on birth control (as you said you were ...
wrist pain10/24/2010
  Q: I would like to ask about a wrist pain that I have been having for a week now. it started when I ...
  A: You give me no history on how you may have injured it???? Do you work with your hands? Did you have ...
Left hand numbness10/22/2010
  Q: My left hand started to feel number over a week ago, especially on the pinky side. My fingers go ...
  A: Your doctor is correct you have a pinched nerve in the lowest part of your neck. Stretching isn't ...
31 yr old female spondy issues10/19/2010
  Q: I was diagnosed with spondylilosis, and spinal stenosis when I was 19 years old. Surgeon said ...
  A: i'm sure he will be able to help you with the neck and mid back pain and numbness into the fingers. ...
reoccurring wrist and shoulder pain10/18/2010
  Q: I have been in pain for many years and am just now starting to search for answers, after realising ...
  A: haley , it sounds pretty straight forward. you probably misaligned some vertebrae in your spine. ...
Back Pain / MRI10/16/2010
  Q: I am 29 and was fairly active. I have been suffering with pain in my lower back, left buttock and ...
  A: good questions: 1. you made a big mistake taking medications for your problem , that never fixes the ...
Pinched nerve?10/15/2010
  Q: About a year ago, I had a mountain biking accident in which I fell on my head while still clipped ...
  A: yes you have a pinched nerve and i am sure it's from that accident. you got better because the body ...
skull numb10/11/2010
  Q: i already have degen disc disease, among other issues with my spine. have had 2 surgeries and have ...
  A: menieres has nothing to do with your doctor waiting too long to diagnose it. I'm not sure what kind ...
neck pain and nausea10/9/2010
  Q: just wondering does disc injuries in the neck cause nausea. Was told nausea was more caused by me ...
  A: leaky gut can cause nausea but if you are dizzy (vertigo) and have neck stiffness then you should ...
Neck Hump10/8/2010
  Q: I am 15 years old, still young, 5'7", and 180 lbs. I am quite freaked out by this hump that is at ...
  A: first of all that hump is called your vertebral prominans (spelling?) it is the largest spinous ...
MRI cervical spine10/7/2010
  Q: I really injured my neck at the start of August and I've been seeing a physio since then. I have ...
  A: your congenital fusion definitely complicates things. when one motor unit (vertebral segment) is ...
chronic upper back pain9/27/2010
  Q: I am a 31 year old male and have been suffering from chronic upper back and shoulder pain for about ...
  A: Josh, You never said which shoulder (rot. Cuff ) you had surgically repaired. If it's the right ...
Shoulder pain after driving9/26/2010
  Q: I have been experiencing pain in my left shoulder for about a month now. My drive to and from ...
  A: it sounds like you may have injured your shoulder prior to this. it could be a few things, and all ...
no neck curvature9/23/2010
  Q: Im 55 and have worked at my desk for many years in front of a computer during tax season for over 14 ...
  A: well your cod gave you a good exercise. it takes years sometimes to get correct curve in neck. ...
siatica9/22/2010
  Q: my chiro does decompression on my lower back with his hands pulling down my pants and underware and ...
  A: thats called flexion distraction. as long as he is professional about it i wouldn't worry. if he ...
MRI Findings: "Lumber lordotic curve is diminished"9/12/2010
  Q: My MRI findings state that The lumber lordotic curve is diminished (paraspinal mayospasm). An other ...
  A: your doctor is wrong! it is not normal to have a reduced lordosis curve (its common , but normal) ...
consultancy9/8/2010
  Q: I had harsh pains on my back bone when I did an x-rays I found the following - Straightening of the ...
  A: there are two types of spina bifida. it is something you are born with often times. if you have pain ...
Moderate neck/intense back pain...suggestions??9/6/2010
  Q: I am a 26-yr. old female with moderate neck and intense back pain. Until I saw this website today, ...
  A: Whitney, Your slime is very important to take Care of. If you have these problems, then there is ...
daughter8/31/2010
  Q: My 16 year old daughter fainted on the tennis court July 09. She got hit in the head with a ...
  A: Sue, Are you sure the headaches were brought on by the trauma? If so, atlas orthogonal or toggle ...
quads vs gluteus medius vs sacroiliac pain8/28/2010
  Q: I think my problem started a few months ago with a strain or something similar. I was going fast ...
  A: This is not something I can diagnose over the Internet. I will tell you that if your pain has ...
Lower Back/Neck Pain8/26/2010
  Q: I was in a car accident, resulting in lower back and neck pain. An MRI showed have "noncompressive ...
  A: no the shots all have side effects and some effects we don't even know about. cortisone shots can ...
pelvic misalignment8/22/2010
  Q: i am experiencing third case of SI misalignment since 2009. i never had lower back (or ...
  A: ok, first off: the xray, assuming you have disc thinning. That can cause that radiating pain you had ...
back pain8/13/2010
  Q: I'm confused, a recent mri showed that i have a bulged disc at l4 and l5 with nerve impingement, ...
  A: It is upsets me to hear that your insurance comPany denied your referral. I would raise a ruckus. ...
posture ,diaphragm,intercostal muscles8/10/2010
  Q: I am a person with poor posture. I'm slumped over a computer with forward head etc..I have been ...
  A: i would definitely see a chiropractor, and you should keep up with supportive care for as long as ...
Crushed vertebrae in the elderly8/3/2010
  Q: My mother has had a fall and been diagnosed with a crushed vertebra in the lower back. She is 84 and ...
  A: that's a tough situation. I have crushed vertebrae as well and made a full recovery. I was only 15 ...
pain in lower back after sitting7/26/2010
  Q: I hurt my back exercising last week. It was very painful in the lower back, in the L5,S1 area for ...
  A: when you sit you compress your disc even more. this is why your feeling stiffness and an achey ...
Lower back pain because of deadlifts7/24/2010
  Q: On thursday me and a friend were doing deadlifts( we were doin max reps i had a little trouble out ...
  A: first off deadlifts are dangerous for the lower back even with good form , especially with heavy ...
Trusting my chiropractor7/20/2010
  Q: I have experienced mid back pain for about a year now. I recently went to the chiropractor and he ...
  A: i think what he suggested is normal. i don't think he is milking your insurance , if anything you ...
Numbness and Pain in Left Arm7/19/2010
  Q: I am a female, 26 years old, 5ft, 1in, 130 lbs (I don't know if that matters). I experienced a sharp ...
  A: you most likely have a pinched nerve in your neck. if you have neck pain or stiffness then it is ...
Left Arm Pain7/18/2010
  Q: About 3 months ago I started having uppper left arm pain between the shoulder and elbow. It is very ...
  A: i would be willing to bet that it is from your neck surgery. you have a pinched nerve in your lower ...
upper back pain7/16/2010
  Q: i have many long standing back problems with heneriated disc. that problem is been greatly reduced ...
  A: good questions. your shoulder pain could be coming from the scoliosis. if you have left scoliosis ...
tear near the L4 and L57/7/2010
  Q: I had an MRI last week since I've been in a lot of pain for a few months. Today they explained that ...
  A: No it will not make things worse. Gentle Chiropractic care (activator, Thompson, arthrostim ...
Neck pain and grinding6/30/2010
  Q: About two months ago I started getting neck pain on my right side. I didn't have any trauma or ...
  A: It really depends on your history and what you do for work. if you sit in a computer all day then ...
cervical degeneration6/26/2010
  Q: my latest MRI for the c spine is as follows: I have had this condition for some years now, but was ...
  A: greatyour situation can be helped and improved, but not fixed or cured as you may call it. you ...
Nerve/Spine issue or worse?6/23/2010
  Q: I was not sure which expert to ask about this, but I wanted to get a variety of opinions so I'd be ...
  A: you are correct jean, this site is not meant to diagnose your condition. first: a lot of missing ...
Back and lower leg pain6/22/2010
  Q: I'm experiencing lower back and leg pain (right side). The pain in the leg seems to stem from some ...
  A: len, good questions. yes, this is a flare up of your old injury causing sciatica (nerve) ...
leg,knee and hip pain, also muscle6/19/2010
  Q: I am an older female and pulled something in my left upper hip area in late 2007, tried massage, ...
  A: good question nancy. first question i would ask is how long did you consistently go to chiropractor ...
chest/back pain (ribs?) trouble breathing when asleep.6/18/2010
  Q: I appreciate you taking the time to read this, i am serving our country in afghanistan and cannot ...
  A: cory, first of all thank you so much for your service and all your sacrifices. we ALL appreciate ...
From rib6/17/2010
  Q: About a year ago my boyfriend cracked my back and I heard a loud pop and tearig sound. I then felt ...
  A: i would get an xray first and make sure it was an old fractured/break that healed out of place or to ...
RE: Neck Injury due to a Violent Assault6/16/2010
  Q: My husband was violently attacked by three men in our home. One of the men held my husband down ...
  A: good question. I would NOT suggest triggeer point injections. If he has bony foraminal narrowing ...
long term treatment of severe upper trapezius strain6/14/2010
  Q: Wife has been on disability for more than a year after suffering severe upper trapezius strain on ...
  A: great question. Did her chiropractor do trigger point therapy or myofascial release before the ...
Severe Back pain6/8/2010
  Q: My back pain started in the year 1998 when i was 26. It started traveling in my left leg and was ...
  A: khurram, depends on the surgery you had. i am assuming its a discectomy or fusion. if so , you can ...
Wrist pain and weird feelings in arm...6/7/2010
  Q: I am a 23 year old female. A few days ago when I came home from work I noticed my wrist was hurting ...
  A: do you ride a bicycle or put a lot of stress on your wrist on a daily basis? if so, you should lay ...
Hiking Shortly After Lumbar Injury6/6/2010
  Q: I am a healthy and fit 49 year old male weighing 200 lbs and was diagnosed with a radial annular ...
  A: barry, There's something important your missing. The drugs have not fixed anything? it gives you ...
adjustments after spinal surgery6/3/2010
  Q: I had surgery to fuse the area of L5-S1 on my spine three weeks ago. How long do I have to wait ...
  A: That's a great question. You could get adjusted (but not in your lumbar spine) you can see your ...
Erbs Palsy5/31/2010
  Q: My beautiful daughter is 13, and suffered an erbs palsy injury at birth as she was 10 pounds, and I ...
  A: here is some info on erbs palsy. you should sue your doctor that performed the birth. chiropractic ...
lower back5/30/2010
  Q: yesterday i woke up with back pain, caused probably by my poor posture from doing burpees the day ...
  A: Good questions. Most back conditions or discomfort goes away on it's own. That doesn't mean it has ...
Back/rib cage pain.5/29/2010
  Q: I've had pain in my rib cage and back for probably 5 years now. I got an MRI on my back two years ...
  A: Joe, sorry for the delay. If you have herniated discs in thoracic region I would focus on that and ...
Back twist?5/27/2010
  Q: I had a right,THR in November last year, and am still attending physio 3 x a week. It is going very ...
  A: I'm not sure what you mean by a THR. So this question is hard to answer because I don't know your ...
Sharp pain under left shoulder blade5/23/2010
  Q: I have a horrible, sharp pain under my left shoulder blade that seems to be getting worse. Pain ...
  A: It does sound like a rib, did you go back to the chiro that adjusted your rib? 2 things could ...
Constant Clicking Elbow5/22/2010
  Q: For the past several years, whenever I fully extend my elbow and bend it back (regardless of the ...
  A: Rose, great question. The advice given to you is lousy. You'll develop arthritis if you don't fix ...
brachial plexopathy5/21/2010
  Q: auto accident.rear ended while stopped in traffic.Taken by ambulance to ER. 10 hours in ER.diagnosed ...
  A: Billjan, That is absolutely not true. You had numbness in your hands while in the hospital, it ...
MRI Results5/19/2010
  Q: I need help understanding MRI results...Please help. I need to understand what this all means. ...
  A: The two MRI's match closely. Your doctor or radiologist should explain it to you and of they don't ...
upper back ache5/10/2010
  Q: I am 21 years old and have had upper back ache for about 4-5 years. It is a ache which is relieved ...
  A: don't get frustrated. you need to have an xray done to see if there is a scoliosis curve (lateral ...
deltiod pain and hand numbness5/8/2010
  Q: i work @ re bottle @ can redemption center and throw 15,000-30,000 soda /beer cans and or plastic ...
  A: you know it sounds like an injury a chiropractor will really get his/her hands on and help you, or ...
Hip Pain/Popping.5/6/2010
  Q: My right hip hurts daily. It is a an acceptable but yet annoying dull pain. On occasion it become ...
  A: yeah it sounds like it could be something simple. are you having slight knee pain on outside of the ...
Slipped Disk C6 & C74/30/2010
  Q: I have been suffering with neck n shoulder problems. My left side from back to chest going down my ...
  A: I would try gentle chiropractic mixed with cold laser therapy. Make sure the laser is done daily for ...
?? first rib pain4/29/2010
  Q: My daughter - 12 hurt herself 15months ago whilst swimming a butterfly dril where she had to swimm ...
  A: I'm not sure where you live , but I may be able to make a referral for you if you let me know what ...
How to Sit?4/26/2010
  Q: I woke up 2 weeks ago with severe lower back pain. It feels like extreme muscle spasms to me, right ...
  A: I'm not sure where you live, but if your in nyc feel free to call my office and we'll give you a ...
C5 C6 protruding neck disc4/25/2010
  Q: Had neck pain and back pain while on vacation. Went to a physiotherapist and after three visits was ...
  A: I strongly disagree with the advice given to you. You should be ok to travel, but you need to be ...
Exercise belt4/13/2010
  Q: I am a 51 year old guy. I have always had a very pronounced abdomen, possibly from years of not ...
  A: IBS is an entirely different problem that you need to get under control with diet and some nutrition ...
back/shoulder pain4/6/2010
  Q: When I was a kid I fell 5-6 feet and landed head first, and my back bent so that my butt touched the ...
  A: yes , this is a chiropractic case. tell your doctor (chiro) your history and trauma. you received ...
bulging disc4/5/2010
  Q: I was recently diagnose as having a bulging disk. The Dr is talking about surgeory. I am wondering ...
  A: absolutely DO NOT GET surgery without trying chiropractic and maybe some traction. If you have a ...
SWOLLEN SHOLDER BLADE3/31/2010
  Q: three days ago i was giving one of my horses some wormer and i had my hand in her halter to hold her ...
  A: its definitely going to be swollen , but it has been longer then 3 days since the accident (my fault ...
Back and Joint Pain3/29/2010
  Q: I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis six months ago, the doctor thought that it was "reacting" to ...
  A: first of all, without an xray of your lower back you cannot tell if you have arthritis in your lower ...
pain in wrist3/28/2010
  Q: i am 14 and i need an answer the last couple of days the back of my wrist where you can see the v ...
  A: you slammed your finger in the door , but your wrist hurts now? i would go have an xray of the hand ...
pain in one knee3/17/2010
  Q: David, I have pain in my left knee, when I bend of stretch my leg out. I am 25 years old, in ...
  A: It sounds like it could be ilio-tibial band syndrome (tight IT band) . If you go on google and type ...
Herniated Disk c3, c4, c5, c6,c7 and T13/14/2010
  Q: I have been suffering from severe neck pain through my shoulder blade, down my to my finger tips ...
  A: I understand your frustration. If the pt makes it worse then stop. Do what works for you. A ...
soft tissue damage3/10/2010
  Q: My doctor diagnosed my wife as having soft tissue damage in her left leg, we are now in her 2nd year ...
  A: dave, i need a history here. what happened ? how ? when ? where? what did she do to her leg? ...
hip and rib pain3/8/2010
  Q: about 2 years ago, i was punched just to the left of my sternum. I lost my breath for like a couple ...
  A: tugba, thats really tough for me to diagnose that. you do have 2 floating ribs on the bottom. i ...
Shoulder, neck, ear pulsation3/6/2010
  Q: My problems seem to have started after having pleurisy 2 years ago. Both sides of my neck ache, ...
  A: it could be linked pamela. you have nerves and a blood vessel that travels through your atlas or top ...
numbness in the leg3/2/2010
  Q: when I was 22 old, I had one year of bad luck. I was a hit a run victim which damaged my left hip ...
  A: wow, that is some history. If you had more details from old mri's or xrays, nerve tests, etc... it ...
Hip pain2/28/2010
  Q: David, I am 63 yrs old and a few yrs ago I underwent some physical therapy that was designed to ...
  A: physical therapy does not remove nerve pressure in between vertebrae, only chiropractors are ...
herniated disc again?2/27/2010
  Q: last year i had a neck fusion, c5/c6.i am 45. the disc was pushing on my nerve when i layed down and ...
  A: when you have a fusion it comlicates things but you can still receive gentle chiropractic care and ...
Possible Vertebral Fracture?2/23/2010
  Q: I am 21 years old, 125 lbs, 5'7", healthy and active. About four or five months ago, I had a minor ...
  A: Andrea, it's possible to have a fracture. I have had patients walking around for weeks with a ...
neck pain/arm2/22/2010
  Q: I have had a very sore neck for a couple weeks that has also been causing a headache. There is a ...
  A: i would not continue with any exercises right now. Your headaches are most likely tension headaches ...
Mid Back and Right Rib Pain2/21/2010
  Q: I have been seeing a chiropractor since Sept. In Sept, I suddenly developed pain in my mid back that ...
  A: you may have had a slight relapse, especially if your still lifting him. It sounds like a rib ...
CT Scan Results2/20/2010
  Q: I just received my CT Scan written results - I won't see the orhto surgeon til 3/17. Please clarify ...
  A: if they found nothing in sept 09, then know you have 3 small disc protrusions. all your protrusions ...
herniated disc2/19/2010
  Q: I am sorry to bother you BUT I never had this injury before so there is no way I culd have asked you ...
  A: If you look on the list of questions i have answered here on this site, you will find many of the ...
Osteophytes Seen in C4-C72/16/2010
  Q: my mother diagnosed with saprophytes in c4-c7 .she has pain and numbness in her hands .I want to ...
  A: Masood, It can absolutely be helped by chiropractic. Itdepends on how severe the osteophytes are. ...
Hip/lower back pain2/15/2010
  Q: I have pain in my hips when I ride my horse at walk and am stiff when getting on and off. Are there ...
  A: If you feel stiffness thEn stretch before and after riding. Online you can find many resources for ...
Shoulder popping and grinding2/12/2010
  Q: My boyfriend has had some pretty awful pain for the past 5 years and refuses to go to the doctor or ...
  A: he needs an xray and possibly an mri. If he is unwilling to go to a doctor then there is nothing ...
Clasp knife deformity2/9/2010
  Q: I am 30 years old and have had lower back and decided to have a chiropractor look at me. He sent me ...
  A: first of all. you could be born with clasp knife deformity, AKA (Spina bifida occulta). It does not ...
Severe Back Pain from Cracking Back While Twisted2/7/2010
  Q: Sir, I have gotten into the habit of cracking (popping, etc) my girlfriend's back by hugging and ...
  A: justin , I'm not sure where you live , but get her to a chiropractor as soon as you can. she ...
neck/tennitus2/3/2010
  Q: Dr.Kulla; I developed unilateral tennitus last Aug. I am convinced it was the result of a neck ...
  A: i have not had too many cases of tinnitus. but you may want to look at seeing an upper cervical ...
cervical curve1/27/2010
  Q: I have began seeing my chiropractor because I had sudden sharp pain in my left shoulder that ...
  A: i do not normally take post x rays. you should have a normal lordosis curve in your neck. if you ...
neck pain1/23/2010
  Q: the other night I slept wrong on my pillow my head was below my neck and now when i swallow with my ...
  A: those are strange symptoms, but i am sure they are related to your neck. I would go check out a ...
Calf and hamstring tightness/pain; back pain1/22/2010
  Q: I had arthoscopic surgery on my left knee for a torn meniscus in August 2009. I went to PT and a few ...
  A: Christina, your surgeon should know better. How could you have a muscle strain if your were not ...
Hypermobile SI treatments?1/21/2010
  Q: I had surgery to correct scoliosis (Harrington Rod from L4 to T?) 28 years ago. In May 2009 I had a ...
  A: Its hard to give an opinion on this situation without any mri or xray results. The harrington rod ...
Lower Back Pain1/17/2010
  Q: Sever Lower Back Pain seem to happen quickly I was in my early 40's playing baseball and I was at ...
  A: well mary that's part of your problem. you have been trained in the medical model way of thinking. ...
Neck Pain!!!1/16/2010
  Q: I have been experiencing neck pain for almost a month now. The pain started as dull but progressed ...
  A: i understand your concern. i saw your xray , it is a little difficult to see if there is any disc ...
pinched nerve1/14/2010
  Q: Iam a hairstylist and very often my left arm, left side of my back ache and get stiff. Recently I ...
  A: you should continue with your chioropractor for at least 4-6 weeks. you will not see complete ...
Neck and Left arm pain1/13/2010
  Q: I am having moderate (severe at times)pain in my left arm radiating from the top of my shoulder all ...
  A: it sounds separate from carpal tunnel syndrome. Im sure you have a disc herniation or bulged disc in ...
chronic back pain1/12/2010
  Q: what does that mean, and is there anything to treat it? also it says i have a heterogeneous signal ...
  A: if you have chronic back pain, i'm not sure why they ran an mri of your neck (cervical spine). if ...
Hernicated disc and osteophyts in neck1/11/2010
  Q: sir, I am 32 years old and a software engineer.i have been diagnosed with herniated disc and ...
  A: rafi, i didnt see an mri, buit i have a good idea from your explanation. first thing: the ...
neck shoulder and elbow pain1/9/2010
  Q: . i am a 35 year old male heavily into weight training, i have been suffering for some time with ...
  A: It sounds like you may have cervical radiculitis (pinched nerve in your neck) this can cause pain ...
pain beneath left lower rib cage, secondary is neck pain C5-7.1/7/2010
  Q: For 2 yrs. I have experienced chronic pain under my left rib cage. Had CT scan and ultrasounds of ...
  A: First see a chiropractor for your neck. While there tell him your history and past tests done for ...
tinnitus disc herniation1/4/2010
  Q: i am suffering from tinnitus ringing on my left ear and somewhere on my head. this is now have been ...
  A: The answer is no. Tinnitus would not be caused by a disc herniation. Tinnitus is very difficult to ...
Poor back flexibility - hyperextentions1/2/2010
  Q: I am a 24yr old female yoga enthusiast.I have been practicing since 2years.But no matter how hard I ...
  A: I'm not a yoga expert, but i can tell you that a majority of people that come in to see me with back ...
leg pain1/1/2010
  Q: five days ago i tore muscles in my left lower back by performing a squat lift improperly (my hips ...
  A: If you are currently having problems on/off into your arms you need to get an MRI of your neck. And ...
neck and spine12/31/2009
  Q: These are the impressions of my mri, please advise on what I should do to fix the problems: Any ...
  A: It's important for you to get your cervical lordosis (curve) back, which can take time. the best ...
ankylosing spondylitis12/30/2009
  Q: Over the past 2 years, I have been having a lot of problems with my eyes. They frequently become ...
  A: i hope when you went to the doctors you told ALL of them about your family health history. You may ...
Numbness in lower back after adjustment12/29/2009
  Q: Kulla, I have scoliosis in my lower back which brings me some lower back pain, but the majority of ...
  A: first off, i had scoliosis as a child. It is of utmost importance to straighten your scoliosis ...
Facial tension12/28/2009
  Q: The cheek muscles at the right side of my face appear to be in constant tension, evidenced by the ...
  A: I'm a bit confused first you say the right muscles are tense constantly, then you wrote that you ...
terrible neck and back pain12/27/2009
  Q: I've had the worst neck and upper shoulder/back pain for the past 2 days. I've always cracked my ...
  A: parisa, never crack your neck. If you have been doing that for 2 years your problem is not 2 days ...
pain when breath in12/23/2009
  Q: I had a fall on my basement steps,saw chiropractor for the pain and he told me I had popped a ...
  A: It sounds exactly like a rib head is out. What you can do is take a deep breath In while you place ...
Ribhead Subluxation12/22/2009
  Q: I have had this condition for 3 years now. I have been told by chiropractors that this is what I ...
  A: If you have a ribhead subluxation (all depends on which rib?)and it Chronically displaces, then you ...
rib dysfunction12/16/2009
  Q: I've had my rib put back in place 11 times and it always comes out the same day, sometimes within ...
  A: Kendel, it can depend on how chronic the rib displacement is. If it's chronic for years you may ...
Chest Pain12/12/2009
  Q: I was playing tackle football about two weeks ago and after playing the right part of my chest felt ...
  A: If you fractured it , you Would have pain immediately after. From reading your history it sounds ...
Joint pain, numbness, body cramps are they related?12/10/2009
  Q: At about 13 years old I noticed that I had a awkward hip poping. It usualy happened when I walked or ...
  A: many of these questions are impossible for me to answer. if you have a tendency for low potassium ...
disc prolapse12/8/2009
  Q: I am 35 years old,& in normal weight. I am suffering from back and right leg pain started in last ...
  A: to explain your Mr in lay terms. you have beginning stage of arthritis (lumbar spondylosis). You ...
Lower Back Fatigue12/7/2009
  Q: Here's my situation, do you have any possible advice? I have been experiencing fatigue with my ...
  A: my suggestion would be to see a chiropractor . you probably have a pinched nerve or a subluxation of ...
Si joint Dysfunction11/30/2009
  Q: I have a couple of questions for you regarding an SI manipulation. First, hypothetically, if a ...
  A: manipulation of the SI joint would be very difficult to permanently injury someone. Questions is... ...
rupshered tendon on bicept at top of arm11/28/2009
  Q: i am a plasterer aged 40 i need full use of my arm is surgery my best option and how long to a full ...
  A: if it is a total rupture then there is nothing you can do , but surgery. Sorry for the bad news. On ...
Deltoid pain?11/27/2009
  Q: I am a gymnastics coach. Over a month ago I was spotting a gymnast on a skill that required me to ...
  A: Ray, First of all, thank you for the details on how the incident happened. Also, your detailed ...
Night Back Pain11/26/2009
  Q: My husband's back (around the kidney area and lower) tightens up every night when he sleeps. He has ...
  A: Does his back hurt him during the day? or is it only at night? first thing you might want to check ...
disc protrusion11/25/2009
  Q: I am suffering from back pain, these are my mri findings -degenerative changes at d10-11,d12-L1 ...
  A: as far as medication goes, that is not my place to answer. I do not prescribe medication and do not ...
MRI INTERPERTATION11/25/2009
  Q: I fell about 4 months ago and im in horrible pain I got my MRI results I just don't understand them ...
  A: looking at your MRI alone without seeing you, you should make a full recovery. If after 3 months, no ...
SIJ pain11/23/2009
  Q: I've had lower back pain on my left side on and off for about a year and a half. I just had a CT ...
  A: Israel is one of my favorite countries to visit. It is beautiful there. to answer your question, ...
Persistent neck sprain.11/20/2009
  Q: I'm in my late 20's. Since I have undergone a surgery 4 weeks ago which has nothing to do with my ...
  A: racheal, i see your from malta? wow. that is far away. I don't think that would be classified as a ...
Sciatica - Related to question from Beau on 5/16/200711/17/2009
  Q: I believe I have a S1 sciatica due to an herniated disc. I read the other day a previous question on ...
  A: depends on your age and condition of your spine. if you have an mri that will give you a definitive ...
Left SI joint-Will it ever heal?11/15/2009
  Q: Kulla, I has my first chiropractor visit 12 weeks ago. I went to see a chiro because I had flared ...
  A: nicole, well, that is a heavily weighted question. i will do my best. first off, the first chiro ...
Cervical ribs/reverse cervical spine11/7/2009
  Q: My question is in regard to to cervical ribs, reverse cervical spine and a posterior pontical. ...
  A: Those are good questions. Everyone has cervical ribs and many people have a posterior ponticus ...

All Questions in This Category

Chiropractors

David Kulla, DC

Top Expert on this page