Chiropractors/Questions Answered by Expert Timothy A. Peck, DC

SubjectDate Asked
Skating Injury10/18/2016
  Q: I went skating yesterday, and fell backwards. I'm learning how to skate backwards, so I twist my ...
  A: If you bruised the tailbone, it will the pain will go away if a few weeks. But you can also jam the ...
nerve pain10/18/2014
  Q: Dr. Peck, I am a 43 year old male who been experiencing nerve pain. I notice the pain ...
  A: Sounds like the radial nerve distribution... The question is where is it compressed, as you describe ...
Rib Injury4/14/2014
  Q: I play college golf, and i hit around 300 balls everyday along with putting practice. I had this ...
  A: A chiropractor can adjust the ribhead that may be the issue and it should only take a couple of ...
sudden mid back pain3/8/2014
  Q: I never had any back issues. I am a gymnast and quite flexible. I did a lot of trampoline jumping ...
  A: Sounds like some spasm of the spinal muscles. You may have jammed up the joints of the spine also. ...
inflammation2/24/2014
  Q: I don't know whether I am in the right segment or not, but I just don't know in what segment to look ...
  A: The lumps are due to pooling of blood in the fat and connective tissue under the skin, they may ...
Massage Question1/14/2014
  Q: how are you. I have had this shoulder surgery. The surgery involved reattaching my Rhomboid Muscle ...
  A: I would think an MRI would show any detachment of the muscle form the shoulder blade plus it would ...
Chronic low Back Pain6/13/2013
  Q: I was injured back in 2011 at work and was told by the company doctor that I had a thorasic ...
  A: If the the chiro fractured your rib, you would of known it when it happened. It would be an ...
hip5/13/2013
  Q: My hip popped so loud while trying to do a cartwheel that my granddaughter heard it. It hurt a lot ...
  A: Sounds as though you sprained the hip joint. If the symptoms persist in the next few days, I would ...
Childs back pain3/20/2013
  Q: I have a 6yo Daughter, in competitive gymnastics. She has not been able to bend backwards in 6 ...
  A: My concern would be what is called a spondylolysis, which is a stress fracture due to overstress on ...
2 questions11/11/2012
  Q: Two questions I hope you can answer. 1)Two years ago I sprained my right knee running. It took ...
  A: The knee needs an updated MRI if you have not had one within the last year. The meniscus tear can be ...
MRI REPORT - LUMBOSACRAL SPINE11/1/2012
  Q: My father in law had been suffering with a pain since over 6 months now in his left leg below & ...
  A: "L3-L4 disc shows diffuse bulge with left posterolateral annular tear abutting the left exiting ...
Knee popping8/8/2012
  Q: I was looking for some insight of what might be going on with my knee. For the last few years I can ...
  A: Have an evaluation with on orthopedic surgeon or a sports chiropractor. An examination and xrays ...
Regular cracking / popping sound in shoulderss7/28/2012
  Q: I have a question and it has been going on for 3-4 years now. Kindly note that this did not happen ...
  A: If you are referring to your shoulders, it is likely the tendons of the shoulder girdle snapping as ...
Contortion - compressed joints?7/9/2012
  Q: I am 16 years old and about a year ago i started contortion, mainly back bending. In a years time ...
  A: It could be a disc injury due the chronic strain of contortion. I would would X-ray it and probably ...
neck curve6/3/2012
  Q: my chiropractor took ex-ray's and told me that my neck has lost 73.3% of the normal curve in my neck ...
  A: I would not over concern yourself with all these measurements. Yes, postural changes cause strain on ...
DRX Treatment5/24/2012
  Q: I have severe pain in my L5 which I feel more on the right side of my body. My bone clicks in and ...
  A: Your question was more of a procedural one, not really a clinical one. If you feel that the ...
Numbness in lower leg3/1/2012
  Q: I'm a 29 year old active male. I exercise frequently including running and consider myself in good ...
  A: My first thought is that you caused a compression injury to the nerve along the side on the lower ...
Mysterious back pain!!!!2/14/2012
  Q: Ok so im a 21 year old male. For a year now I been experiencing a very annoying and frustrating back ...
  A: It's really hard to say why this keeps recurring unless it is due to your training/weightlifting ...
Elbow nerve damage?2/5/2012
  Q: I was playing soccer about 10 days ago and someone took a shot and the ball ricochet off my elbow ...
  A: It sounds like a contusion to the ulnar nerve which is the "funny bone", running along the inside of ...
Lumbar Spine Questions11/27/2011
  Q: What does this mean? Disc spaces reveal loss of disc height and loss of signal at the L2-3, L3-4, ...
  A: In my opinion, no. You would have to be suffering from: bowel/bladder functional loss, lower leg ...
Pain and numbness in left arm below elbow11/8/2011
  Q: Frequently, I have a feeling in my left arm of numbness, with a feeling of having a cramp in my ...
  A: It sure could be coming from a lower neck problem. I would also consider a possible nerve entrapment ...
eccentric exercises9/29/2011
  Q: Am 33 year old male. Years ago, developed kneecap pain and tendinitis from driving I did for a ...
  A: Check this out, it can help. Get an orthopedic evaluation if things persist. ...
Knee injury9/7/2011
  Q: I am 27 years old weight about 80kg and 1.84m tall. About 4 years ago i played squash once a week. ...
  A: Check out this link, it is written for physicians but has alot of info to investigate your ...
nagging shoulder tightness8/9/2011
  Q: I am 17 years old now and I've had shoulder tightness for over a year and a half now under my left ...
  A: I often see this and we do deep tissue massage in the office as well as spinal adjustments to the ...
disc protrusion5/23/2011
  Q: Recently I've had a ST scan done and it showed L5 S1 posterior disc protrusion. I am 25 years old ...
  A: It will be provoked with training. Do you have any chiropractors were you are located? A ...
Hip Pain5/22/2011
  Q: I have some pain above my right iliac crest in the front. It goes into my hip and down into my ...
  A: The hip can refer pain into the thigh and knee. Another condition is called "Meralgia Paresthetica" ...
si joint manipulation put my back out of wack,5/19/2011
  Q: Since that day my lower back has been in rough shape. It is always tight and the muscles in lower ...
  A: Have second opinion with a very reputable chiropractor. There is no reason your back condition ...
rowing back pain5/16/2011
  Q: I am a 15 year old varsity rower female. I have recently been experiencing a lot of pain in my back ...
  A: My concern is the radiating pain down the legs, it could be sciatica. I would see a good ...
Burning sensation in tricep5/15/2011
  Q: I'm a 32 year old female. I play softball and I injured my throwing arm 5 years ago. Everytime I ...
  A: I would suggest a partial tear of that muscle and/or triceps tendonitis. It could be an area of ...
hard boney lump at top of sternum4/25/2011
  Q: we ended up going through the stable door together at the same time as i did not get out the way ...
  A: Sounds like your sternoclavicular joint is swollen. A healing fracture can also be an enlarged area. ...
Prolapsed Disc4/12/2011
  Q: I am Sushil Menon, suffering from Prolapsed disc since Sep 2008. I guess I got that due to excessive ...
  A: I am not sure where you have the prolapsed disc, a Chiropractor may be able to help. I would suggest ...
MRI REPORT4/6/2011
  Q: I HAVE BEEN HAVING LEFT LEG PAIN FOR THE LAST YEAR, WITH THE PAST FEW MONTHS GETTING WORSE. I HAD A ...
  A: See a Chiropractor who performs spinal decompression therapy or COX technique. This is the way to ...
Herniated Disc4/1/2011
  Q: my wife complained of backpian when we were playing just after i pulled her towards me and she was ...
  A: The best treatment is see a chiropractor who does Cox technique or has a spinal decompression table. ...
TrPs3/18/2011
  Q: I am convinced of it that the psoas major psoas minor and illacus are responsible in many people ...
  A: The Illiopsoas needs to have the trigger points done at the groin, flex the hip and you will feel ...
Straight Spine3/16/2011
  Q: I have a friend (Jane) with low back pain and have no problem with training. Lately her LBP getting ...
  A: She should have her low back examined to see what is happening with the vertebrae and discs, she ...
subluxated rib3/12/2011
  Q: I was diagnosed with a subluxated rib by my chiropractor the other day. I have been in extreme upper ...
  A: Costchondritis is in the front of the chest along the edge of the breastbone. A rib joint fixation ...
groin tear3/8/2011
  Q: My daughter, which is 14, tore her adductor muscle and went through weeks of physical therapy. She ...
  A: It's hard to say without seeing her pitch or describe her pitching mechanics, why she keeps tearing ...
Aquatic Therapy3/1/2011
  Q: I do have an upcoming appointment with you and was referred to you by a great surgeon so I do ...
  A: We do not use aquatic therapy here because it requires a pool. We can refer you to a center in the ...
Severe pain in my left shoulder2/27/2011
  Q: Around November of last year (around the same time I got my flu shot) I began experiencing sharp, ...
  A: Sounds like a herniated disc/bulging disc in the lower neck. Have an MRI if the cervical spine. The ...
seperated rib2/16/2011
  Q: I am 18 and i used to lift weights around 12. I remember i felt a painful bulging sensation in my ...
  A: Follow up with a local reputable chiropractor, have a full evaluation and undergo some regular ...
hockey injury lower back2/5/2011
  Q: Peck, My name is Russ. Several yrs ago i developed a compressed disc on the lower end of my spine ...
  A: That's the best treatment for the disc, you need a session of treatments to get the best result, ...
Functional Scoliosis12/11/2010
  Q: Hey there. Is it possible to have functional scoliosis show up on an xray but not a MRI?
  A: Yes, when the xray is taken standing it shows the spine in a weight bearing condition. The MRI does ...
Joint popping and cracking (particularly shoulders)12/6/2010
  Q: Almost all of my joints (shoulders, wrists, knees, ankles, and sometimes elbows) crack and pop ...
  A: If you have overdeveloped your chest muscles in relation to your back and posterior shoulder ...
I hit my head and now my back hurts11/29/2010
  Q: I was sledding with a child I nanny four days ago and when the sled hit the fence the motion ...
  A: If symptoms persist over the next few weeks, get it looked at. The spine was strained and stiffened ...
scolliosis10/24/2010
  Q: ........... At Night Time Have Problems Sleeping On My stomach & my side due to the fact that ...
  A: It's hard to say not knowing you case, have you tried a chiropractor to help your pain? If not, find ...
Trampoline Injury10/9/2010
  Q: redness bruising or anything and i can feel my legs and arms and can walk although it hurts and my ...
  A: I would advised that you have this problem checked out. I would advise that you have a check up with ...
Pain left arm9/29/2010
  Q: What could be that problem? should I go to a doctor or a chiropractor? Is this something to be ...
  A: I do not know your age, blood pressure, diabetic? or high cholesterol? Do you ever have chest pain ...
neck/shoulder pain9/15/2010
  Q: About a week ago I woke up with a sore neck/shoulder. I have had it happen before & it went away ...
  A: I would suggest an MRI of the neck to rule out a herniated disc. I would also consult a ...
consultancy9/8/2010
  Q: I had harsh pains on my back bone when I did an x-rays I found the following - Straightening of the ...
  A: This is likely a back spasm, from mechanical stress on the back. If symptoms persist, chiropractor ...
Wrist Pain8/31/2010
  Q: Timothy, about almost a month ago (August, 3rd specifically), I was playing soccer with friends as a ...
  A: The wrist needs to be xrayed if not already done. I would go to an orthopedic surgeon or sports ...
Hip/ Pelvic girdle pain8/5/2010
  Q: I recently had my second child and worked out and did way too much while pregnant. After my first ...
  A: I answered this question when it was first asked but I received a message that it was still waiting ...
Knee clicking7/26/2010
  Q: Tim, I am 32 years of age and have been playing Soccer for 25 years. Over the last year or so I am ...
  A: I would have an MRI performed to rule out any internal damage of the knee. You can do physical ...
sternum fracture6/8/2010
  Q: My name is Kathie. Over the weekend, Someone was backing their truck up, not knowing I was standing ...
  A: Sorry, but what is you question?? If it is advice, I would have xrays of the chest and ribs ...
low back pain-mri results5/6/2010
  Q: Tim what to do will i be able to go back to physical work(bending,and packing out freight)im 54 ...
  A: I treat your type of condition regularly. It will be subject to reinjury with your type of work. I ...
Helpr! Ligament damage, Sciatica or Piriformis??!?!?!?!??4/28/2010
  Q: I'm 30yr old Ugandan (E. Africa) male i used to work out {mainly jog, do sit ups and stretch} daily, ...
  A: Have your lower back treated (origin for the sciatic nerve), check for a short leg on on side, get a ...
can hardly move my right shoulder4/27/2010
  Q: A couple months ago at a practice I was on my knees while an opponent was attacking me. I had my ...
  A: I would recommend an MRI of the shoulder for evaluation to rule out a tear or other pathology. It ...
Is my chiropractor right?4/25/2010
  Q: I have had numbness in my butt cheeks, legs, arms, hands for a little while. Recently I picked up ...
  A: Have an MRI performed of the lumbar spine. If you have a disc injury, it may take 2 to 3 months for ...
lower back pain4/24/2010
  Q: I have seen a chiropractic and he made me x rays and he said that I had a mild disc thinning at ...
  A: It is very common condition and it will cause you back problems. It can be treated to improve range ...
about crooked spine4/17/2010
  Q: hi what is the treatment for crooked spine except operation please suggest me the right way
  A: It depends on how severe the curve of the spine is. If it is so severe the the ribcage is twisted ...
xiphoid process4/14/2010
  Q: My xiphoid process protrudes and hurts to touch ever since I fell from a roof. Could this be caused ...
  A: Yes, it is possible to have injured the xyphoid as you "folded hard forward" causing it to fracture, ...
neck injury4/14/2010
  Q: i was carrying a really heavy box down the stairs and got caught up with some stock that was loaded ...
  A: Have an MRI of your neck performed. You need to rule out a herniated disc. C1 and C5 are levels of ...
pain in shoulder4/13/2010
  Q: Peck, I'm male, 21yrs old, and have a pain in my right shoulder, in the clavicle region. It feels ...
  A: Start first with having an Xray if the clavicle and shoulder. You may have osteoarthritis of the AC ...
Exercise back/stomach support belt4/13/2010
  Q: I am a 51 year old guy. I have always had a very pronounced abdomen, possibly from years of not ...
  A: A lower back support belt will provide temporary support while wearing, including some postural ...

All Questions in This Category

Chiropractors

Timothy A. Peck, DC

Top Expert on this page